Printing eBay shipping / postage labels

Does anyone else have this same problem that I have with the labels nine times out of ten, NOT scanning when being lodged at local PO ?  I have had sevearl different PO employees tell me various reasons as to why they rarely scan, from it's my printer settings (so I changed them) to my ink being low (which is wasn't and never usually is) to the quality of the paper I use (I have treid several brands from cheap to expensive) or it's because of the plastic on the satchels (so I leave out and don't secure till after lodging but made no differnce) and the staff become so frustrated AT ME that they have to manually enter the tracking numbers so I have preoof of lodging.....I have tried everything possible, please tell me it's not jsut me? Oh, and I did try a Click & Send label today, which one worked fine and the other didn't, so I can't even say that's the reason. It is now at the stage wher the PO cringes when they see me coming loaded up with all my parcels. (from my other account not this one) Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Printing eBay shipping / postage labels

Something I was avoiding to do, but I think I may have to.  Might try printing at a friends place like someone suggested in a previous post and see if that makes a differnce for me. Thanks

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Genuine or generic ink cartridges can also make a difference to print quality

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Ahhhh, hadn't actually thought of the actual INK itself (just everything else assoicated with printing like paper quality etc) next time I am due to replace I will get the Genuine as I am pretty sure I have been buying the last few times a "green" friendly type of compatible ink that is better for enviroment (& cheaper too) but it maybe that

Thanks

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Have never had this problem.    I have been printing the ebay labels and the click and send labels ever since they came out.    Have been to a few post offices, and they always use a scanner ok.

I have an inkjet printer.

Sadly, I think it is going to be your printer or ink that is causing the problem.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

My old PO couldn't scan the barcode so they always scanned the QR code without a problem
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I have the same problem.

The post office staff get really angry!!!

It got so bad that I now drive an extra couple of kms to a post office that has a secure parcel drop (no queing up, and everything is scanned...I've checked and rechecked). It's a lifesaver if you are a high volume seller.

If you are in Sydney, they have this secure drop at Bondi Junction Post Office and also the city post office in Castlereagh Street.

I'm hoping they will start putting them in throughout the network.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Have you tried the various auto cleaning cycles for your printer? And manual ones?