Problem with DVDs

Hi Had a message from a buyer yesterday evening. Purchased a t.v. series - 3 dvd set off me. Stated he tested each disc and disc 2 will not play of his dvd player or his computer. No problems with disc 1 and disc 3.

I know the discs are not faulty . I bought them new and we watched the whole series ourselves only recently and all played perfectly.I have told buyer that I will happily give a full refund but he has to returne them first which he is going to do Monday .The message he got on his player is no dvd in the drive and his computer wont acknowledge the disc.

Just seems very odd as they worked 100% perfecty. It was only a few weeks ago that we watched the series. Has anyone ever experienced problems like this with dvds. I know a couple of times my brother has borrowed a series from me and had a problem with one disc. Brings it back to me to test and  plays perfectly on my player. So it does happen but for the love of me can't understand why.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the dvds arrive back. As they played before can't see a reason why they wont still play. Just thought I would post a message to see if maybe someone has experienced this or has a solution perhaps??

Thanks Wendy Cat Wink

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem with DVDs

Posssibly one of 4 problems

The DVD is dirty; the laser lens in the DVD is dirty;  the player isn't tracking properly; or the disc is scratched.

Different DVD players will handle these problems differently so what may work on one machine sometimes won't work on another.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Problem with DVDs

Posssibly one of 4 problems

The DVD is dirty; the laser lens in the DVD is dirty;  the player isn't tracking properly; or the disc is scratched.

Different DVD players will handle these problems differently so what may work on one machine sometimes won't work on another.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with DVDs

Disc is all good - checked before they left here. He did confirm no scratches in his email. Just seems odd that his player plays 2 of the 3 discs but not the other and disc appears to be in great condition. But I agree with you that dvd players can be a bit finnicky
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with DVDs

I had that once with a TV series. One disc would only play from halfway through. No sign of damage. The company said that there was a minor fault in the menu, that only affected a small number of units and replaced the disc. They said it was only a problem with one type of drive, that was made for both PCs and standard players...so it can happen 😞

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with DVDs

I've tried watching dvds on cheap dvd players and they don't work. Some don't do subtitles correctly (either totally wrong words or none at all where there should be), some have very poor quality sound and picture, and some just don't work. Maybe your buyer has a cheap dvd player. I think this must be the case since you said they worked fine on yours

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with DVDs

Yes possible I suppose but still seems odd that 2 out of the 3 discs play fine on his dvd player and 1 disc won't. It is a mystery and I just don't see a reason why? But thank you for your input.
Cheers
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with DVDs

Thanks for your comment. It has to be a problem with the buyers dvd player as we had no trouble at all. Will be interesting to see what happens when dvds are returned. I will play disc 2 again on our player and also our second player as well as test it on a friends. See what happens. Thanks again

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply