Promotional offer? I am getting more confused as the days goes on.. And listings.

http://i.imgur.com/Cd7Urhd.jpg

I checked and it says I can list 5 more of the 100.

but what is the point of the promotional offer, doesnt that mean I can list more. And, when I click to find out more it just goes back to more information. 

The offer says I can do another 39 listings.. How can I access that .. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Promotional offer? I am getting more confused as the days goes on.. And listings.

That only refers to the amount of freebies.

YOU can't use all of the freebies because your account is limited.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That only refers to the amount of freebies.

YOU can't use all of the freebies because your account is limited.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I was thinking that,

but nice to know.

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Promotional offers work like this.

If you're alllowed to list 500 items, you can have some extra ones for free.

If you're allowed to list 100 items, the free extras can't be used, at all.

Think of it this way, there's two classrooms, one is full of kids who are in detention and aren't allowed to leave their seats let alone the classroom, the other is the study hall, where kids are free to come and go as they please. 

Someone is standing outside the rooms giving away free candy. 

The kids in the study hall are allowed to leave the room and get free candy (hooray for them 😄 ), the kids in detention have to sit there and - at best - watch everyone else enjoy free candy.

You, as a seller, are currently in detention, so no candy* for you, even when eBay offers it. 

Sorry. 

*I'm using candy as a euphimism for listings. 😛 

Edit: or, what kopes said. That'll learn me to make up candy-related analogies. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Still would like to know how OP has apparently used 111 listings in the free promotion for collectables, when he doesn't list there??

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

i get it 😃

just checking as I am desperate to list more items.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@electrical-rebuilders-group wrote:

i get it 😃

just checking as I am desperate to list more items.

Being desperate won't bypass your limits. All it will do is frustrate you. Take a deep breath and try to stop being impatient. I have over 5,000 items to list, which of course I'd love to list. The more items listed, the more I sell (in theory!). Wanting that is not going to make it happen as I have a limit of 100 on one account and 510 on the other.

Did you know that you are paying an insertion fee on top of your store subscription for your auctions? Each time they relist, you will be charged another $1.50 insertion fee for those auctions if they don't sell.

As well as a listing limit, you will also be restricted on how much you can sell in $$ value. You have quite a few higher priced items which will soon add up. You can find out what your dollar limit is in the same place as your listing limit. If you only have 50 items listed for the month and can list another 50 and the ones already listed sell and bump you up to your dollar limit, you won't be able to list any more for the month. There is also a chance eBay will end the active listings due to that limit (I had it happen a few years ago when I sold a car. My other items were ended a couple of days later and I couldn't relist them until the next month. It may have changed though).

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

What everybody else said.

Bottom line -

You can, at the moment, list enough items that your maximum MONTHLY sales will never be more than 100.

End of. No amount of promotions, free listings, etc will change that. The only way it will change is for eBay to increase your limits. Full stop.

I dread the next 100 non-store promotion, as it appears you will once again come to the boards asking how you can circumvent eBay's limits. You can't.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thru inactivity, my account was closed. I am now a newbie & get 10 per month! Lucky are those who get 100! My Promotional was 40 & somehow I got to use 1 but the fees are a klller on low priced stuff !
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

vimarti, thanks for the trip down memory lane by adding to a thread that has been idle for the last 15-1/2 months.

I must admit that I was intrigued when I saw a thread by erg and thought "he's back"  . . . . . only to be disappointed that it was just another old/idle thread that has been resurrected . . . . . like many these last couple of weeks.

I have it on good authority that old threads will soon be locked after 12 months under the proposed board changes.

vimarti, next time, please start a new thread rather than resurrect an old thread.  The reason is that eBay is an ever changing life form and evolves with every spring and autumn release.  That means that many old threads make reference to old policies and practices, making it confusing for those that read the whole thread without taking any notice of the dates that show on each post. It is also dangerous in that new members will not recognise that information contained in the thread may be out of date.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply