Promotions Manager Sucks Big Time - That is all !

allfixelectrical
Community Member

What more can I say. Whoever thought this garbage tool was a good idea needs a paddlin'.

Paddlin.jpg

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is this about the P5Off that you're running?

No gains?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No, P5OFF is a sitewide ebay discount.

I had a storewide markdown sale running at 15% off which ended saturday. Tried to start a new sale but only 90 items were included out of 5800+ due to recently listed, recently on sale, etc. Most likely they will kick back in in 7 days time.

It is only recently that ebay changed it so that all items could be included. Prior to that you had to setup several sales with only up to 500 items in each.

In the meantime I tried setting up a sitewide discount of an extra 15% off but wanted to exclude items that were already on sale but there is no way to do that selection rule despite it being available in the old retired markdown manager.

Then I tried setting up several smaller 15% discount sales by choosing up to 500 items (the max allowed) and deliberately not selecting items that were already on sale but since the main new sale will most likely be in full swing within 7 days, I only wanted to run the extra 15% discount for 7 days so there was no poxxibility of both discounts being applied to the same item but in ebay's infinite marketing wisdom it is not possible to run it for only 7 days. It must be set at 30 days minimum and 45 days maximum.

So if anyone wanted to run an extra % discount over a weekend such as Easter or some other special occasion, that too is not possible.

The end result is that I will need to wait 7 days before the majority of my items will be marked down and if one sale at a value of $16.35 for the whole of today is anything to go by, it is going to be a bad week.

Thank goodness I also have my own allfixelectrical website which in less than 12 months exceeded our ebay sales volume and now 2 years on is close to double the usual ebay performance.

This site has become nothing more than a pusher for cheap chinese knockoffs and wholesalers & multinationals desperate to sell for 5% above cost.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

what a crock of $%^&....so much for encouraging sales 😞
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Half the problem is how unclear the information is about exactly how this tool works. For example, I don't think that 7 days is a long enough period before you can promote an item again. I think you need to wait longer, and it may even be different times for different catagories.

However, I have been running a "get a discount when you buy 2" and "get a bigger discount when you buy 3 or more" promo contiuniously for months now that has been working quite reliably. I wrote up some instructions for another seller on how to set it up:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Client-discounts/m-p/2163288#M171706

The end date I set for these promotions is december 2019, and it seems to be possible to go in and change the date, so I intend to just keep extending it for as long as I can. I suspect that if I accidentally ended this promotion I would have to wait 2-3 weeks before starting it again because I have had similar problems to yours in the past with different promotions. I can also btw, still do a normal promo like the one you just ran if I want to clear some stock or something.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply