Putting link of purchase when new

I want to  sell an item of furniture and would like to put in the photo/link of the  store where I purchased it

to show how much it cost new.

Is this allowed does anyone know?  Or more specifically is it not allowed?  I know a lot of ppl do it

Tks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Policy seems a bit vague to me.

Restricted

• You can include a single link to a page that gives additional detail about the terms and conditions of the sale. However, the page you link to can't include links to web pages outside of eBay, and the information on that linked page can't contradict the information in your listing.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

Maybe have a read of the whole policy

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks stawks,   this looks like it might apply to me, as it is a large B &  M store that sells many other similar items as well as the one I want to sell here,   at a much reduced price of course. . 

We don't allow links to non-eBay sites where other items are offered for sale.

Even so I'm tempted to put it in as I still think the guidelines are confusing. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe someone else will come along later and unconfuse   deconfuse      pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

enlighten you.   

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Definitely not allowed.

If the original pricing is important, and you want to supply proof, have it in the description, and - at most - a screen cap showing the item and price in the gallery images (making sure to indicate it's for informational and comparison purposes, not to show the condition etc. Don't include the web address of the site in the image, though). 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

download (2).jpgWhat the ghost said.

Put a pic of the receipt up. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

So can I say I bought it at Joe's Emporium  where it is being sold for $xxxx?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yep, you can say almost anything you like. Just don't put any links to other sites.

(I thought Joe only sold paint) (Bit of an in joke) giggle.gif

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Oh come on .......   share?????

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

We can't talk about posters given a long trip to e-bali.

It was just an earlier ex - poster with the same name in their ID being somewhat of a character and is often referenced by the fact he was a paint seller.

image host
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply