Question about listing as Pick Up only

So a bottle of perfume I listed sold yesterday. I listed it as pick up only since I know you're not allowed to post it through AP but my buyer's address indicates that they are from Victoria and I am in NSW.

I've never purchaed anything as pick up before myself but I assume the checkout option would show to the seller that the item is pick up only and can't be posted? He hasn't contacted me yet even though it specified that in the listing an it ended yesterday, so I'm assuming that either he made a mistake or he has someone closer to me who can do the pick up and just hasn't had the chance to contact me.

How should I proceed with this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Give it another day and if they don't contact you email them to set a pickup time and date. 

If no contact after 4 days you can open an unpaid item dispute. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is not much you can do at this stage.

The buyer has 4 days to get in touch with you and pay for the item before you can open a dispute and get your fees back.

Perhaps you could message the buyer and ask if he will be picking the item up or will someone else be picking it up.  That will at least alert him to the fact that it is a pickup item without you appearing too pushy.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Give it another day and if they don't contact you email them to set a pickup time and date. 

If no contact after 4 days you can open an unpaid item dispute. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It's possible they are having a friend or relative pick it up.

As suggested be patient as many members are only on their computers a few times a week.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is not much you can do at this stage.

The buyer has 4 days to get in touch with you and pay for the item before you can open a dispute and get your fees back.

Perhaps you could message the buyer and ask if he will be picking the item up or will someone else be picking it up.  That will at least alert him to the fact that it is a pickup item without you appearing too pushy.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll give it another day to see if this person messages me before I send one to him.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Have you sent an invoice?

That has the pick up option on it which they can tick and it will/should also have your address details.

Maybe that's what they are waiting for.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

Have you sent an invoice?

That has the pick up option on it which they can tick and it will/should also have your address details.

Well I never knew that Taz - I continue living and learning.................original.gif

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Nope, I didn't send them an invoice as they had already gone through the check out process and paid for the perfume. Then that's whn I noticed their address.

I've just sent them a message now, indicating that the perfume was pick up only. Hopefully they take it well if they didn't realise. I've already had one guy complain at me about not being able to post to him, even though I explained that perfume is a dangerous good and can't be posted through AP and he still had a whinge.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

UPDATE:

Yep - buyer made a mistake and didn't realise it was pick up only. Happy with just the refund.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Another "Non-reader".  I wish buyers would READ THE FLIPPIN" LISTING before hitting the "bid now" button!  I have lost track of the number of Non-readers or Non-comprehenders!!! 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply