Questions and Answers box: "ask buyers and sellers about this product" confusing buyers

Is anyone else having buyers complain that their questions are not being answered and the buyers have submitted it in the large question box at the bottom of the listing which seems to send the question no where? I tested it to ask myself a question from a friends ebay account and nothing arrives. 

The Question Box is pictured, it just appears below some common branded listings like home phones, maybe if the item is found in ebays item database.

It seems to create confusion on the buyer end and get them off side before they purchase when they think they are being ignored. Most sellers won't even realise this has happened most of the time. Why has ebay made it so easy to confuse buyers, and so difficult to ask sellers a question after a purchase without opening a dispute against the seller - again putting both parties offside.

I am constantly coming across things like this where ebay seems to be fostering adversarial transactions and frustrating site changes.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Questions and Answers box: "ask buyers and sellers about this product" confusing buyers

yeah - there's a lot of confusion about it. it seems that the question gets sent to people who are selling the item or similar items - either through a MPN or UPC that has been entered. so the prospective buyer may think they're contacting that seller, but in fact they aren't.

the way i've been responding to questions is not through the emails i get sent, but ensuring that the message is actually in my message inbox before replying.  

there's a thread on it here with some other responses from people who have had similar issues - https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Answering-a-buyer-s-question-ebay-have-made-a-simple-proces...

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply