RETURN POLICY WHAT A JOKE

Ebay does it again RETURN POLICY

What is the seller to do , the buyer buys items , gets what he ordered , then realises item HE ORDERED does fit his Machine, we supplied what he ordered , he makes mistake , but places claim in item not as described , requires a replacement for correct item. GOES THRU EBAY RETURNS

Going by EBay rules we have to supply a return label and replacement to his correct size and return it at our cost.

What a joke! Who makes up these rules, do they really, think these policies out!

I did ring the chap , he admitted he ordered the wrong item, but choice to use the return policy , he stated he never stated the item was not as described , this comes up as an automatic reason using this EBay return window.

Why do they make dealing on EBay so full of pot holes.

I run 2 web sites and never have a issue. Most problems can be solved just by a simple contact.

Email or phone.   and yes of course we are more than happy to replace his item, but not with a big stick

COME ON EBAY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

if your happy to replace the item whats your problem.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Been plenty of posts about this since the policy was introduced.

Ebay's site, eBay's rules.

Ebay don't monitor or post in the forums so apart from being a vent you've gained nothing.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

The previous President of Ebay felt there were to many small sellers on Ebay and that there future was to adopt the Mall platform using large established Sellers,as many other online sites have done.The return policy is simply a result of that new direction,a way of culling the number of Sellers on Ebay via a system of defects.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

if your happy to replace the item whats your problem.

Oh that would probably be the OP having to pay postage for the return of the wrongly ordered part, then another lot of postage to send the new part that the buyer should have ordered. Why should the OP have to pay another 2 lots of postage when the buyer admits they made a mistake? 

OP I would be ringing ebay and asking them to read the messages between you and the buyer so they can see they have admitted they ordered the wrong part. I would also ask them to remove the associated defect that you got for the buyer opening the dispute.

I would also tell the buyer you are happy to replace the part if they return it at their expense and then the cost of postage for the new part. You shouldn't have to wear the cost of their mistake. 

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

to tippy   what postage   is that not free on his listings,   you cant have it both ways , either he is lying to his buyers that postage is not added to the product  so it looks like he is giving it for free.or postage is free, so should be free if there is a problem. 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I just finished counting on the other thread, now im gunna have to start all over again

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

sellers should read policys before complaining, then there would be fewer problems.mmmmmm

nobody is going to be happy with all the policys ala buyer against seller, but you must follow the rules of your site you are using.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

no problem at all other than who would you expect to pay for the shipping back to us then back to him, I rang him if you bothered to read the complete details , he amitts he ordered the incorrect part, but the return policy states item not a discribed !

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

then thats up to you and ebay to see the product is not as discribed , and if he has said its his mistake you should be telling an ebay supervisr this. and if you win  the buyer will have to pay the imaginary postage.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply