Re-opened old store. Paypal still accepted?

altcultures
Community Member

I've just re-opened this store after 10 years.

I do have another store which is my main one.

I've noticed that it's still letting me sell with Paypal connected to this store - in fact there isn't even a single message or announcement in the seller hub to indicate that this store will be moved to Managed Payments. Nada.

Anybody else think it's a little strange? Or do you think that once I start being active in this store that I will finally get pulled into the new payments system?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay is rolling out the migration in phases, so it's hard to say when you'll be plucked out of the ever-dwindling pool of sellers who haven't been switched, other than it should be by the end of the year - they should email you when your account is ready to switch over, and give you a couple of weeks or so to go through the registration process. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

It will eventually be required to change over. in the mean time it will be considered a new selling account and sales proceeds will be on hold for  21 days.  It should also be subject to very strict

selling limits. and you may also be required  to verify  your ID  etc for this account, just as a precautionary security measure.

Hardly seems worth the effort

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply