Recommend a national freight company for items over 5kg up to 350kg

Hi folks, I've been using an agent Couriers and Freight for booking freight but not getting the best price.  And they are not good at replying to emails.    I live O/S for 8 months of the year so phone calls can get expensive.

With Couriers and Freight I can use my card to pay as I go which I guess is fairly standard these days.

For items up to 40kg I used to get  Couriers Please through Couriers and Freight at fairly good rates but CP have severed their ties with Couriers and Freight.  Now they only offer Starcrap who are 10-20% dearer.....and their delivery times longer.

For the bigger freight I usually select TNT.....but they charge an excess of $8.50 for residential deliveries and also charge me heaps for Queensland and W.A.

I checked out e-Go but their freight rates are horrifying!

Can anyone help me zero in on one or 2 companies we are reasonable on their freight rates and who cover the nation?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Try Termando....they are courier brokers who deal with a number of courier companies.  You usually get a choice of several companies who offer the service you want and you can take your choice.

I presume you mean StarTrack are dearer....it is hardly surprising seeing as they are owned by Australia Post but you may find that they offer delivery to a lot of places that other companies do not go to.   Sometimes you have to pay a premium price if you want parcels delivered to out of the way palces.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks you for your suggestion.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I've been using Pack and Send online service.  Couriers Please is the company that collects and delivers.

Just sent a parcel from Vic to ACT for $13.51

I've also worked out I can send a 40x30x30 5kg box to WA from Vic for $17,00 something - prior courier was around $30-$35.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply