Refund the buyer

I sold an item and sent by Registered mail. Just a month, the buyer open a case to claim item haven't received. I ask the buyer to wait some more days.  But ebay stepped in and debited my PayPal account to refund the buyer. The case was closed. I claimed the Post office. The Post office answered that the mail was already delivered to the buyer's address before the refund date of ebay. In this situation how can I request the buyer to return the money to me? Could some one help me, please!    

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Refund the buyer

I would get in touch with ebay - call them direct and speak to a human.

Seems disputes are automated these days🙄

Signatures suck.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Refund the buyer

What does the tracking show on the item?

Did you load the tracking number onto Ebay?

Did you respond to the dispute when Ebay asked for more info?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Refund the buyer

As sugar said, if it was registered it should have a working tracking number (that's why the post office knows it has been delivered even before the case), so you should let eBay know. If the case is closed, unfortunately I don't think you can upload the tracking number to your case any more, but there should be a way to let eBay know, for example via live chat, or if there was a link in their final email on how to appeal their decision, you could just appeal their decision.

Did you check the whereabouts of your item on the AusPost's tracking site? Ebay tracking often does not update.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Refund the buyer

Tracking is there for YOUR protection, not the buyers. No point sending something tracked and then not following through either by not uploading the tracking number into the order, or not responding to the case in a timely manner.

If you had checked the tracking number on the Aus Post website, you would have been able to tell exactly where it was on the date that the customer opened the case and you could have re-loaded the number into the case if required, which would then have put the ball back into the buyers court.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply