Refunding buyer for item not collected and returned to me by post office

Hello there,

So I made a post about this the other day and people said to wait until the item is returned which it has been today.

Quick overview:

I sold an item and posted it with tracking which shows an attempt to deliver and awaiting collection at their local post office for over a month.

The buyer did not collect from their post office, I also said multiple messages but recieved no response.

Apparently the post office also tried to contact them but despite saying they would collect nothing happened.

So now on ebay it says item delivered on the sold page and on the tracking it shows it as returned to buyer which it arrived today.

How do I go about giving a refund to the buyer minus costs (e.g. postage and other costs), I see no refund option and the page just appears like it has been delivered normally.

Any help appreciated as I've never experienced this before.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No longer anything to do with eBay.

Refund through the Paypal transaction. Make sure you take into account eBay fees and Paypal fees, which are not refundable. Also postage cost. I assume from what you've posted that AP didn't charge you for the return.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Yeah, as far as I know there was no return postage cost and the guy who delivered it didn't mention anything.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply