Removal of WebLinks on eBay

Hi Garry,

Thank you for contacting eBay about the contact information email removal.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We are currently working with our technical teams to get to the bottom of why these listings have been tagged as such. This has been given the utmost priority. In the meantime we have temporarily stopped, placing our restrictions/suspensions on accounts for off eBay sales policy until further review has been done on this issue. Please be reminded that this policy is still in place for accounts that have a clear violation. Please disregard this reminder for now.

I appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Thank you for doing business with us. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Kind regards,

Cheryl M.
eBay Customer Service
_________

Here we go again, what is wrong with you people at eBay, you are telling me to remove my web link, on my pages, this web link directs customers back to my eBay store only, you are say that it's because you don't want sellers selling out side of eBay, yet on every page of my store you people are allowing sponsored links selling mugs , five on every page, that's over 1300 links turning my customers away selling off eBay, now because of that I have lost 40 percent of sales you are the smartest people I know, not, if you stop me for using my WebLink, that directs people back to my site you may as well close my store and go sponsor all the big boys as they seem to have more money , go figure..

Hi, I've been told to remove my www address from my listing, this www address is linked to my activa site, that when clicked sends the customer back to my Ebay site, you say it is to be fair for other seller, and stops selling outside of ebay, yet, you Ebay, allows other seller called sponsors to advertise at the bottom of my selling pages that sell out side of Ebay, go figure , ebay is going down hill fast..... not happy,

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Very very few members here are happy with ebay's glitches and their attitude towards them

So many messes ebay show no interest in fixing

And many times they deny are even happening 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Can I just ask, why is it necessary to have a link that leads you straight back to your ebay store?

Buyers are already looking at your store listings.

Makes no sense to me.

Get rid of it, or ebay may close you down.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Can I just ask, why is it necessary to have a link that leads you straight back to your ebay store?

Buyers are already looking at your store listings.

Makes no sense to me.

Get rid of it, or ebay may close you down.

Maybe the store link is left in with the hope that buyers like me who prefer to just look at items for sale without the slowness of using a store format to wade through, might have a change of heart and switch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not going to happen in my case though.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

We are stuffed over 4000 listings to adjust. There goes half our listing count. To close or not that is the question?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply