Removal of ebay account managers

Hi,

Did anyone get this message?

"In 2018, we rolled out several initiatives to help sellers be more competitive and drive growth. One of those initiatives was providing a select number of the 40,000 Australian businesses selling on eBay.com.au with dedicated account management. 

From 1 March, we’re updating our support model. As part of this, your previous account manager will no longer support your account."

Am i the only that got removed? Or is this a lot of people as well.   

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I never had one.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It has gone out to a lot of sellers. From what we can ascertain, many sellers were sent surveys of how they thought their Managers performed and the results were not enthusiastic. The basic problem was that Managers could only do limited things for the member and many issues were above their pay grades so really they did not result in the boom in sales they were expecting so the reources were directed elsewhere.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for your response.

Kind of disappointed at this decision.

Agree that that they had limited functionality but it was a lot more helpful than the offshore resources. It was also a medium point of contact for escalations. 

Looking at a holistic view of account managers. They are able to provide the benefit of

1) Escalations

2) On time assistance and review of your accounts 

3) Purpose of creating a long lasting relationship between sellers and eBay.

4) Explore behavourial patterns between a seller account which the offshore team does not seek to do.

5) Explore options on how you can improve your account. 

Definitely undervalued at this stand point. 

Again, I am just venting here and disappointed at ebays decision. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply