Reply to positive buyer feedback

How can I add a public reply to positive buyer feedback? Although I gave detailed measurements of item, feedback said item was much smaller than thought. I see other sellers reply to feedback. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There should be a reply button just to the right in the when column,  

But make sure if you do reply is is accurate and doesnt sound grumpy.   I have one the same at the moment,  which I am debating if I should reply or not,  anyone looking at my listings can see I have measurements on all my items, so not sure if i will bother as it could come across wrong

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you look at "all feedback" you should have the option to reply to positive feedback.

I recently had feedback where the buyer thought they had a bonus as their purchase was bigger than they had expected.

You and I both gave measurements in our descriptions (mine on another ebay account) and it appears our buyers either didn't read or understand the information provided.

In your case, I'd be inclined to leave it alone. I don't think any future buyer would be put off by feedback.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yes, you can reply to positive feedback. If you do, just be factual. eg Sorry to read you were disappointed with the size of the plate. All measurements were included in the listing.

I am of 2 minds about sellers responding to feedback. I think it shows that a seller is on the ball & responsive to sales.

I think it is totally necessary to reply if a buyer has given false information or an undeserved negative.

But a seller does have to be careful to steer clear of making it look like a grump session.

Also, if you do reply, the buyer can reply back, they have the option of the last word (I think that is probably still the case).

With the feedback you are upset by, it is positive, so you don't have quite the same need to reply.

Keep in mind too that other buyers can click on the item number and get to look at the actual ad. That's what I do when I am checking out feedback and come across a comment like nthat. And let me just say the buyer looks like a total numpty. It says 18.5cm across. If the buyer hasn't a clue how wide that is, they should have taken out a ruler and had a look.

Also, because it is positive feedback, most future buyers won't be paying it much attention once it travels down the page a bit. I never read many of the positives when I check feedback. I cast my eye over a few of the most recents but I click on every neg and neutral.

So it is up to you. Reply if you want, keep it short aand factual. Or just leave and within a few weeks, no one will notice it anyway. When you reply, it tends to make that feedback stand out a bit, or at least till it moves down to page 2.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply