Retial arbitage on Ebay (Is it alllowed?)

He there,

I have noticed some sellers on eBay with millions of items for sale and I suspect the only way to sell these products is through drop shipping or retail arbitrage. 

Does E-bay enforce its own rules?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Drop shipping is allowed.

Drop shipping | eBay

Third party fulfilment is allowed in certain situations.

Third-party fulfilment policy | eBay

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Drop shipping is not retail arbitrage.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I believe you have a mistaken impression.

Both reselling and drop shipping are permitted on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/shipping-items/selling/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176

I quote:

Drop shipping, also known as product sourcing, is when you buy stock from a supplier and work with them to send items directly to your buyers without ever handling the items yourself.

Drop shipping, where you fulfil orders directly from a wholesale supplier, is generally allowed on eBay. If you use drop shipping, you're still responsible for the safe delivery of the item within the time frame you stated in your listing, and the buyer's overall satisfaction with their purchase.

There are some caveats; see here — https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling-practices-policy/policies/selling-policies/thirdparty-fulfilmen...

Allowed

• Fulfilling your own orders, including if you are a retail business selling your own inventory on eBay
  • Fulfilling your own orders directly from a supplier (drop shipping) from whom you have pre-purchased stock
  • Using eBay Fulfilment by Orange Connex
  • Using another third party to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf, provided all of the following conditions are met:
    • You are clearly identified as the seller on all packing slips and invoices, and
    • Using the third-party fulfilment service doesn't mislead or confuse the buyer as to the origin of their purchase (for example, due to branded packaging), and
    • You ensure the safe fulfilment of the item within the terms stated in your listing, and
    • You ensure that your third-party provider is subject to a contractual condition which prevents them from using or sharing any eBay order information (including the names and contact details of buyers) for any purpose other than the fulfilment of the specific eBay order which they are engaged by you to fulfil.

Not allowed

• Fulfilling your orders from a third-party supplier when the above conditions are not met
  • Listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that sends it directly to your customer

I hope that helps to give context.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Snap 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply