Return Request INAD

Hi all,

not sure where I stand in this.

I sold a Lorna Jane gym set (crop bra top and pants). Daughter had cut the tag off (hates tags on her clothing ๐Ÿฅฒ) so was unsure of the size. Sometimes she an S and other times an M depending on the brand.
I measured these against another LJ set which was a medium and this set was quite smaller so listed it as a Size S.  i included measurements in the listing.  The set was washed but never used as it was too small so like new condition.

buyer has now opened a return claiming itโ€™s not a size S. given measurements were detailed in the listing do i have a leg to stand on here.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Return Request INAD

I agree with sugar. You say in the description 'new without tags" but you know that means to buyers that just the swing tags are removed. The brand and sizing tags are also called 'labels' and you should have mentioned that these have also been removed. Without the labels you cannot describe the item as 'as new condition'  as the clothing is actually damaged. It had also been washed.

If you had then said in the listing that the sizing label has been removed but you estimate a size S based on similar clothing, this might have prompted the buyer to check measurements also. But you confidently went with the size S with no flags for the buyer to check otherwise.

Yes INAD in my opinion. Just get the item back a re-list properly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Return Request INAD

Sorry no you dont have a leg to stand on.   It's been washed which isnt mentioned in the description.

Also if you say no tags, I take that as the shop price tags,  not the tag from the clothing itself.

Just my opinion but false advertising.  Do the right thing and process the return, and advertise correctly.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Return Request INAD

I agree with sugar. You say in the description 'new without tags" but you know that means to buyers that just the swing tags are removed. The brand and sizing tags are also called 'labels' and you should have mentioned that these have also been removed. Without the labels you cannot describe the item as 'as new condition'  as the clothing is actually damaged. It had also been washed.

If you had then said in the listing that the sizing label has been removed but you estimate a size S based on similar clothing, this might have prompted the buyer to check measurements also. But you confidently went with the size S with no flags for the buyer to check otherwise.

Yes INAD in my opinion. Just get the item back a re-list properly.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply