Return because it is not comfortable?

I sold a 'luxury' bra from a reputable manufacturer and now the buyer want's to return it because it is 'scratchy' and doesn't sit right.

I have read all the reviews and all are good comfort-wise bar one person who said it rubbed her nipples after several hours but qualified this by saying she had super sensitive skin and it would be fine for most.

I have a no return policy for hygiene reasons - would being 'scratchy' or not fitting right qualify for a defect? I guess if it comes down to it, the question is will eBay support this defect claim? Buyer has a high feedback number and seems to know the system well, paid just hours before a NPB claim and has made some quite snarky responses in her feedback.

Being quite new to selling, but not to eBay would appreciate some other perspectives please!

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Return because it is not comfortable?

Rose - Except used underwear cannot be sold on ebay and doesn't have the category to select.

image host
Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

kopenhagen5,

sorry, I only said that because the OP said that above in one of her posts because she looked at the ebay used clothing policy and it said you can sell bras - sorry - haven't looked at the policy myself.
Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

kopenhagen5 - I just looked at the link the OP has provided in her above post. The Ebay used clothing policy says you CAN sell used bras on Ebay.
Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

Oh, I beg your pardon, I thought used underwear pertained to bras as well.

Many years since I looked at the policy.

Thanks for clarifying.

image host
Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

Good point, thanks! I just reread the policy and it says

The following items, as long as there's no inappropriate content in the listing or any indication that the item was worn as underwear:

• Bathing suits

• Bras

....etc

A little ambiguous! I guess it is alright if they only wore it as a hat 😉
Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

Roseworthy I feel your pain.  I think the only hope for sellers is to report eBay to consumer affairs every time a seller is hit with these unfair policies.  eBay may regard the buyer as their customer but the reality is that we as sellers are eBays customer.  They may try to bluff us that their policies trump Australian consumer law but they don't.  The only other opinion is something like Current affair but I think they would rather expose a dodgy seller way before eBay.  I believe there is a case in the US but by the time a decision is made it will be years and possibly won't even go against eBay.  The fight against the 21 day hold seems to be having some effect a similiar fight against these unjust decisions needs to be started. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

kopenhagen5, I believe that you are correct in saying that it was so before.

The area seems very grey, but this is I think why.

If you look carefully at the items in the what is allowed box and what is not allowed, it would seem to me that the distinctions are being made so that so called "fetish" items cannot be sold on Ebay. I doubt Ebay would pull used bras that are being sold as a clothing item, but would pull used bras that are being sold as a fetish item.
Many years ago, when I first started buying and selling on Ebay, I had the misfortune of coming across a lady that was selling used briefs that she herself had worn and were unwashed. She had sold a number of pairs for a very good price, and I reported her to Ebay and I am sure others did to- and she was immediately removed. And Ebay immediately jump on that sort of thing.
I apologise for bringing the example up, but I don't think the rules about used bras are there so much as that you can't sell used bras (after all, vintage bras are a sought after item) , but so that so called "fetish" items cannot be sold on Ebay.
Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

I don't think 'trying on' can be considered 'used' otherwise stores would have to throw out their items...literally
Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

@indigorosey wrote:

Good point, thanks! I just reread the policy and it says

The following items, as long as there's no inappropriate content in the listing or any indication that the item was worn as underwear:

• Bathing suits

• Bras

....etc

A little ambiguous! I guess it is alright if they only wore it as a hat 😉

Well, there's your selling point.... Smiley LOL

Introducing the latest in multi-tasking aids.

Style. Comfort. Versatility. (Detachable visor coming soon).

comfort and versatility, just needs a visor and it'd be perfect

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

Hahahaha, that's crazy digi !!!
Message 40 of 56
Latest reply