Run out of eBay 500 gram satchels

Does anyone know if I can use my own satchel and attach the printed label for the eBay 500g satchels?  If so, do I just tape it on the front?  Thanks in advance, just realised I have run out of them after printing some labels 😞

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Technically, you're only supposed to use the eBay branded satchels with eBay flat rate labels, however I do know that sellers have used them on other, similar-sized satchels without issue (for the 500g ones, anyway). 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

process as regular parcel, wont be any more expensive under 500gm. i haven't done it for a long time so check and see

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

They've already printed the labels, and probably don't want to wait a month plus to get the credits.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I often pack my own and tape the label on the front.  I use the ebay bags if I have them, but have never had any trouble at the post office by packing my own. I think I read it on ebay that you can wrap your own parcels and use their labels.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You'll be able to use your own label fine. I print the 500g labels and can send small, medium and large satchels as long as they weight < 500g.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Do you use any size satchel as long as it weighs under 500 grams.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yep. Haven't had an issue with it. 

I've sent a gun case wrapped in brown paper with a 3KG satchel label.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@dealbytimmy wrote:

Yep. Haven't had an issue with it. 

I've sent a gun case wrapped in brown paper with a 3KG satchel label.

You may get away with it but your not meant to. Parcels over 1kg are charged by their actual weight or cubic weight equivalent, whichever is greater. You can not just put things in any package and post them on the actual wieght

I have items that way under 3kg but have to be sent in a 5kg sachel because of the size

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

WOW.... very interesting.....I'll have to give that a go...

I've also sent satchels out a few grams overweight (I'm talking one every month or so).... sometimes the local LPO weighs it and twigs to what I'm doing and refuses to scan it in.

I just take it out the door and drop it in the box.

I've had a few bills from AP over them but most are delivered OK.

And before anyone jumps up and down about it, I send PLENTY of 100 gram orders in 500 gram satchels so consider it just evening out.

Not to mention several very late deliverys where I had to resend to my customer and AP refused to compensate.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply