SNAD return buyer purchases label after seller sends label

Hi everyone 🙂  just trying to figure out where this might be going, I recently find myself up against a SNAD which seems more like buyer remorese to be honest, anyway thats another story! 

My question is, i accepted the return and issued a return label, next the buyer has purchased their own label rather than using the label i provided.  

anyone know what might be happening here? worried i could end up out of pocket $276 plus my items

Thanks in advance have a great day everyone 🙂 

Matt 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What was their reason for Signficantly not as described? If you are concerned, when you receive the package, videotape the label and return label if it has one, and more importantly opening the parcel and removing the contents. You will at least have evidence if there is an issue.

not saying this is the case, but it has been known to happen that some dishonest buyers return empty boxes or different items and as eBay will say via any dispute, the buyer returned an item, so we must refund them.(happened to me)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

eBay don't care how the buyer gets the item back to you - I've never had the option to purchase a return label through eBay as a seller, for a buyer who opened a return request for INAD, so this isn't what eBay base any decisions on. All they will look at in an INAD dispute is there is uploaded tracking and when the status of the package is delivered, they will give you 5 days to issue a refund (currently extended from 3). That's it, because the process is largely automated.

If you are concerned that eBay won't give you any protection if it looks like you didn't provide the buyer with a return label as required, that is not the case at all (mostly because there's little to no protection for such cases, TBH) - secondly, customer service staff can access your account history anyway. They can see you purchased a label, they can see it was provided to the buyer, they can see the buyer didn't use it, they can see the full case history of the dispute, and any messages sent between yourself and the buyer through the messaging system. 

But, as you said - the labels are not charged to your account unless used by the buyer (or so says eBay in the information re: INAD returns), so it shouldn't be an issue either way. I'd recommend checking the fees being applied to your account though, just in case it gets snuck in there somehow. 

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

First cancel your own label.

Then sit back and wait for the return.   Probably the buyer didn't know you could send him a label, and is just trying to return the item the best way he knows how.    

Let's be positive - not everyone is a rip off  merchant.

Message 2 of 80
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply curraone 

Not sure if there is any advantage to cancelling my label at this stage because from what i understand i only get charged when it gets lodged at post office

It might be easier for the buyer to manipulate their own label rather than using the label I supply?  

I am worried about this person to be honest I would love to treat it as 100% legit but have been bitten before and red flags are flying high!

🙂   

Message 3 of 80
Latest reply

If you print a label on eBay, you are charged as soon as the label is created. So, you should cancel it if the buyer bought their own, otherwise you will still pay for it.

Message 4 of 80
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Firstly, cancel your label as stated to get reimbursed for it.

Secondly, not everyone has a printer, or even aware that you've sent a label.

Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop - until, or if, it does

Message 5 of 80
Latest reply

What was their reason for Signficantly not as described? If you are concerned, when you receive the package, videotape the label and return label if it has one, and more importantly opening the parcel and removing the contents. You will at least have evidence if there is an issue.

not saying this is the case, but it has been known to happen that some dishonest buyers return empty boxes or different items and as eBay will say via any dispute, the buyer returned an item, so we must refund them.(happened to me)

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

Thanks heaps everyone, getting lots of suggestions to cancel the label and i know why! I understand everyones concerns about the fee for the unused label but one thing that bothers me even more is if i cancell the label when the buyer should have used the supplied label i could bury my one and only chance of getting help from ebay, if this does infact end up fishy the fact my label was not used could end up my one saving grace!.. 

Just had a look at my seller account "all activity" it looks like i have not been charged for the label, yet, so either that means the buyer has not printed it or ebay do not process the fee to sellers account for a few days after its been printed, it was issued on 19th.

the reason for the SNAD... buyer claims all four items (batteries) that i sent him are "apparently" faulty. Due to the nature of the item, the standards of my thorough test regime and the amount of time the buyer had them for, its borderline impossible! I find it extremely strange that even one battery could have failed already but all four, nah .. 

I should not speculate what i think hes up to but lets just say all the alarm bells are ringing and the red flags are hanging high all around the camp !  

Cheers everyone thanks again for chiming in i really appreciate it.

Matt 

Message 7 of 80
Latest reply

The fact your item is sold as 'For parts or not working' throws up interesting grounds for refund. If they wern't working in the first place how can a buyer open a SNAD case ?

With second hand parts like this we mark the part secretly and take a photo before posting or if there is a serial number, record it against the sale record.

If you purchased the return label and the tracking number is posted to the return case, it will never officially arrive as the buyer never used it. A 'technical issue' which can work in your favour ?

Love the video idea !
Message 8 of 80
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
The fact your item is sold as 'For parts or not working' throws up interesting grounds for refund. If they wern't working in the first place how can a buyer open a SNAD case ?

With second hand parts like this we mark the part secretly and take a photo before posting or if there is a serial number, record it against the sale record.

If you purchased the return label and the tracking number is posted to the return case, it will never officially arrive as the buyer never used it. A 'technical issue' which can work in your favour ?

Love the video idea !

Good pick up.

I'd ask ebay that one.

Message 9 of 80
Latest reply

Hi Coffee, 

I recently changed the listing from used to for parts or not working just while i see how this all goes.. 

yes (for what its worth) i keep all the data on individual id's

Almost,  I accept return and send him a label via ebay, buyer buys his own label and posts his labels tracking id to the case 

the video idea some people say does not help, other people say it does,, it can go either way apparently?

... anyway not sure, can only hang on for the ride and see how we go lol 

🙂 

Message 10 of 80
Latest reply