Sales down a lot this Christmas from previous years

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same huge down full in sales this Christmas from previous Christmas's? I am feeling that it is all due to the Big Retailer's over discounts?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

turn the clock back say 4 years (ebay would flourish , sellers would be happy and buyers would find items at great prices. good for all Robot wink) to what ebay was when fees were resonable,no ebay fees on postage and sellers could leave neg's to bad buyers, ah yes,and rid the 180 day return policy. then i would consider opening up my stores again.till that happens my stores are all closed.

Message 41 of 48
Latest reply

Sales were up  around 30%  for the 3 months leading up to Christmas over last year but who knows what will happen now with Aust Post letter rate going up, I've had to put my prices up so will see what happens.

Message 42 of 48
Latest reply

@iscrap76 wrote:

Sales were up  around 30%  for the 3 months leading up to Christmas over last year but who knows what will happen now with Aust Post letter rate going up, I've had to put my prices up so will see what happens.

your a lucky one so far. my sisters sales are down 50% same period last year.

Message 43 of 48
Latest reply

not  me  i am a city person i have cats  did have a chook for a little while  25  years ago did own race horses ,, i will stick to mowers instead of sheep and goats. 

Message 44 of 48
Latest reply

I'd love to have horses again, but I happened to marry someone who is anaphylactic to horses! Sheep and goats make great pets. I know a few people that have them. They're just like dogs! I'd like to have a pet pig, but I like my lawn. Maybe one day I might move onto some acres and then I can have a few non traditional pets. We're in the process of building a new chook run. We didn't restock when they started dying off from old age, but we miss the fresh eggs, so will hopefully get some more soon.

I've now had 5 sales since Christmas! From memory, I was a bit quiet this time last year too. I sell antique and vintage collectables, so they aren't an essential thing. I'm guessing once people get over the Christmas bill shock they'll start buying again. It's giving me time to update photos and redo listings, so it's not all bad.

Message 45 of 48
Latest reply

Can I ask please -what you mean when you say"dreaded Ebsysellers tips"  What does that mean  What's wrong with getting those SellersTips. Cheers 

Message 46 of 48
Latest reply

Several members have noticed that sales drop after they get them.

Plus they are always the same and they are  what eBay want you to do to maximise THEIR profit (like 99c auctions) not what practical experience shows works.

Message 47 of 48
Latest reply

Thanks dave Smiley Happy, was a bit slow popping back in Smiley Surprised, I couldn't have explained it better, thank you 

Plus their suggestions for item specifics that don't actually apply !

Message 48 of 48
Latest reply