Sales down dramatically

Hi is anyone else experienceing a dramatic decrease in sales? I changed my listing to "free postage" by incorporating the shipping into the price and that is the only thing I have done differently.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Sales down dramatically

I have noticed these periods with my own sales or lack thereof only a few months back the same thing happened, great sales for a while then suddenly nothing for about a week or so. It's possible I guess that it could be coinciding with people running out of free listings, and not wanting to risk listing things at full cost that they may not sell. I know I have to be a little more selective about what I list when I have run out of free listings. I mainly list the things I know will usually sell.

I also have noticed over the past week a lack of watchers too, usually there will be plenty. I am getting a few now. Maybe they have all been away on school hols, in NSW at least anyway!

Only beginning yesterday the buyers started to come out of the woodwork again ๐Ÿ™‚ But my best sales over this weekend have actually come from a returning customer. It's a good thing to try to cultivate those good loyal returning customers! Woman Very Happy

Message 61 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

My stores have slowed right down again over the last few days, but the 150 free auctions where very successfull with good clearance rates and animated bidding on a number of items. Also three or four suprises where buyers really hit it out of the ballpark. As per last post I saw the return of several old faces that have been AWOL for quite awhile. Auctions dont work for everyone or every product but they still have a valuable role to play for many businesses.

Message 62 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

Thank you for the link it is interesting reading and I will absorb it and consider option. Many thanks.

Message 63 of 64
Latest reply

Sales down dramatically

Hmmm I suspected it was over the top. Thank you for your comments I will research and proceed.

Message 64 of 64
Latest reply