Salesmanship 101

The items bought "return this item" as the first item on the list?? This is telling the person that he shouldn't be happy with his perches. The first item should be "tell us how happy you are with your perches". Anything you buy you can always find some reason to be displeased. Let's not push it. This is salesmanship 101. A person gets a want-buy then he gets it then he can go into a not-want. This is human nature at work, the way things work- inflow, outflow....want, notwant.

If anyone buys from me and is displeased I've got no worries about refunding but let's not push it. I think maybe Ebay needs to hire a sales consultant.

Michael

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Salesmanship 101

@goodswapeh wrote:

The items bought "return this item" as the first item on the list?? This is telling the person that he shouldn't be happy with his perches. The first item should be "tell us how happy you are with your perches". Anything you buy you can always find some reason to be displeased. Let's not push it. This is salesmanship 101. A person gets a want-buy then he gets it then he can go into a not-want. This is human nature at work, the way things work- inflow, outflow....want, notwant.

If anyone buys from me and is displeased I've got no worries about refunding but let's not push it. I think maybe Ebay needs to hire a sales consultant.

Michael

Thanks ebay the menu has been fixed to "leave feedback" at the top. Thanks to all those who requested the change. See the current attached image.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@goodswapeh wrote:

I think maybe Ebay needs to hire a sales consultant.

Michael

True, but rehiring from the very top all the way down wouldn't hurt, either!

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

agreed. ive never had so many return requests in such a small space of time  as i have had since ebays new 'no questions asked and we will refund postage in both directions as well' policy came into being. Perhaps its just xmas panic buyers changing their minds but i doubt it.  I  dont mind accepting returns if theres a genuine issue but i really think the buyer should pay the postage in both directions if the issue is not mine (ie there are no faults). which has always been ok and worked ok for the last 10 years or so. ebay's new policies are absolutely there to get rid of smaller sellers in favour of the big fish and really , apart from finding another platform to sell on...your own website or whatever...theres not a damn thing we can do about it . and they know it. Woman Sad 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Speaking as a buyer on this ID, I'm getting a tad tired of eBay shoving their "return this, return that" messages in my face every time I buy something. If I don't like an item I'm looking at for any reason, I woun't buy it. And if I've just won an item, I dislike being told I can return it or cancel the sale within an hour before I've even paid for it, which I do within minutes. They're micromanaging every aspect of what buyers & sellers are doing so much now, that it's become a pain to be a member here.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I have not had a return for change of mind request since the ebay rule change but as I offered a refund for change of mind on return anyway it would make no difference. If it is just change of mind then the seller does not have to cover the cost of postage anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

A tip:

Return item only stays on top of list untill seller leaves fb, then it reverts to prompt buyer to leave fb. A subtle nudge to get sellers to leave fb on shipment.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

For a seller who sells 2nd hand and of course some new items of clothing the Return within 30 days is unreal.  THey can wear the item wsh and iron and then return

Obviously if there is a defect with the item that is a different story however the other issue is Ebay wants sellers to include postage in price eg Free Post.  This happened to me recently I fo course listed as Free Post taking into account the postage cost and adding to the sale price.  The item was a skirt, listed correctly with measurments etc.. the buyer then advised 2 weeks after receiving that it did not fit and requested a return.

Of course that was no problem... except that I had already paid the original postage costs to the buyer whihc was included in the sale price.  The buyer did pay return post but I lost out having paid the original postage cost.

This has put me off offering Free Post and hope all sellers are aware of this with FREE POST and especially with clothing items.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry as you can see in this image buyer and seller have left feeddack, the "RETURN ITEM" is still at the top.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@goodswapeh wrote:

Michael

Thanks ebay the menu has been fixed to "leave feedback" at the top. Thanks to all those who requested the change. See the current attached image.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply