Scam/Phishing Attempt?

We received an email today with a HTML receipt attached.

The subject reads  "Receipt for your payment to ****"

The amount is for $179.

The message says we have paid $179

But we dont know who they are and there is certainly no transaction in our PayPal account for any amount like this.

Of course the email looks very genuine and there are links embedded. Please DO NOT CLICK them.

Just wondered if anyone else is getting these. Looks like a phishing attempt to us.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Scam/Phishing Attempt?

I am looking for a 4 stroke line trimmer and each time I click on an item  I am getting a security error that states the link is used as a phishing site
to steal buyers' information..Can you please confirm that this is correct?

Message 61 of 63
Latest reply

@cavador2001 wrote:

I am looking for a 4 stroke line trimmer and each time I click on an item  I am getting a security error that states the link is used as a phishing site
to steal buyers' information..Can you please confirm that this is correct?

nobody who posts here in reply can confirm anything.

The members that post on this forum/discussion board are just regular members like yourself.  Nobody has access to your account or messages.

Posters here normally just offer advice based on their own experiences with eBay.

I see that your post has been moderated, probably because you included personal information or a sellers ID.

This thread may soon be locked because of its age . . . it was started when Tony Abbott was Prime Minister!

Message 62 of 63
Latest reply

You may be clicking onto a third party link on eBay (leading to an external site) rather than onto an eBay listing.

It's best if you can start a new thread for your particular issue; as k1ooo has said (in other words), this thread has crumbled into mummy dust.

The link to start a new thread in the Technical Issues sub-forum is here _new-link.gif. Post a new thread, and you'll be sure to get some helpful responses so that we can help.

Message 63 of 63
Latest reply