Scheduled listings - free or not?

Last moth I discovered that I could schedule items for free. I always put my listings up on the first of the month, so in August I scheduled 40 listings to start on 1st September.  I was not charged a fee. Today is 13th September and I have just started doing the same thing for 1st October, but to my dismay I found that I was going to be charged $1.50, which suggests that eBay does not see the items as part of my 40 free listings for October and is going to charge me as if I was exceeding my 40 free items limit for September. Is there an explanation for this?

I hope I have made my question clear!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@michael_cullis wrote:

Last moth I discovered that I could schedule items for free. I always put my listings up on the first of the month, so in August I scheduled 40 listings to start on 1st September.  I was not charged a fee. Today is 13th September and I have just started doing the same thing for 1st October, but to my dismay I found that I was going to be charged $1.50, which suggests that eBay does not see the items as part of my 40 free listings for October and is going to charge me as if I was exceeding my 40 free items limit for September. Is there an explanation for this?

It'll show a charge of $1.50 but if you go to your account you'll see you haven't actually been charged it.  As it's been pointed out, ebay isn't smart enough to know when the listings will start - OR they've got it set that way as a warning in case you change the start dates to September.  You'll find when they start in October that you won't be charged for them.  I was surprised this didn't happen when you asked about it last time.  The fees are only charged according to when they start, not when you first schedule them.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you shecduled 40 listings to start on September 1st, then you have used all your free listings for September. Any new listings created in September will attract a fee now as ebay is not 'smart' enough to work out the scheduled start date is October (only that the listings are being generated in September)  As far as I can work out

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

It'll show a charge of $1.50 but if you go to your account you'll see you haven't actually been charged it.  As it's been pointed out, ebay isn't smart enough to know when the listings will start - OR they've got it set that way as a warning in case you change the start dates to September.  You'll find when they start in October that you won't be charged for them.  I was surprised this didn't happen when you asked about it last time.  The fees are only charged according to when they start, not when you first schedule them.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

When I said the fees are charged according to when they start, I mean actually charged, not just a fee showing when you do the listing.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply