Search by item location : Australia only - Not working

Hey Guys,

Just Jumped on and doing a few specific searches to see what competitors are selling in the cooler season.

I always tick item location : search australia only.

And have just found that Chinese and UK sellers are coming up in the Australian location only search !!

Can someone confirm im not going mental.

No wonder sales are slow !

Cheers

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Search by item location : Australia only - Not working

Just sent an angry-gram to ebay about this.
When I search in our category for Australia-Only there are no Aussie sellers inside the top 100 results. I never found a single one of our listings at all. No wonder sales are way down.
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Same here.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Just now got an answer from ebay support:

"Thanks for contacting eBay about the error you encountered when searching an item within a specific location.

We apologise for any inconvenience this error has caused you. We are fully aware of the situation. We have received the similar reports from other members who are also trying to search items by filtering it by location. This has already been reported to our Technical Team and they are still on the process of fixing this error.

I appreciate your patience on this matter. Have a nice day!

Regards,
Azabelle L. 
eBay Customer Support"

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Hey guys, I think eBay finally fixed the issue. It seems to be working fine on my side.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

All's good here too

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Yep all good now.

Just did the same search as earlier when all Chinese sellers showed up in the top 100 results.

Now there are no O/S sellers in the results and our stuff is back inside the top 20 or so where it should be.

So... lets see if sales pick up again now.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I have had this problem for 2 days, but it seems to be fixed now.

I could not get Aust only and a search that normally brings about 1200 items was returning about 115,000.

The Ebay IT monkeys definitely hit the jackpot with this effort! 

I can just just see them all jumping up & down, screeching madly and hi fiving each other...

Instead of;

(a) only alienating those who want to search only within their own country, or

(b)  only alienating those who want to search only overseas,

they managed to screw everybody!

Both here, the US and UK were full of complaints that whichever locations were specified, you only got the alternative & it was impossible to change parameters;

i.e. tick your home country only and you got bazillions of listings world wide, or if you wanted worldwide, you only got your country's listings!

Thank goodness I only buy here and did not have to put up with Ebay scrambling my selling prospects.

I had a number of things on my watch list that ended in the last 2 days and I saw that some of them finished with MUCH lower prices than normal.  Maybe people couldn't find them amongst the mass of overseas listings?

And the Oscar goes to...  EBAY!!

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Yeah... we had several auctions running that ended during this period too.
Absolutely ZERO bids on any of them. Unusual!
Lost the $1.50 each insertion fees on all those. Good way to make money for zip!
Has to be due somehow to this search problem.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Significantly less Australian sales but increase in Overseas sales, so it still kind of the same in terms of sales. I hope they fix the Australian seller search and not the overseas one so i can double up my income.

Because I like to take people from other countries JERRRRBSS!

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply