Seller Feedback Rights + Appalling eBay Customer Service

hey guys,

i just want to bring this subject up, and stand up for the rights of EVERY Seller on eBay.

here is a recent experience.

1. i received negative feedback

2. resolved with customer, sent over revision notice

3. REVISION NOTICE KEPT SAYING ERROR

4.contacted ebay on the 25th of NOV to fix this...

NOW IT GETS BETTER

1. NO RESPONSE UNTIL TODAY 5TH OF DEC...a 10 day wait for one response.

2. she states, SORRY REVISION NOTICE HAS NOW EXPIRED, WE CANT DO ANYTHING....

So beacuse of poor customer service, and a CLEAR EBAY ERROR, I am stuck with negative feedback....thanks

WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED WITH EVERY REVISION NOTICE FROM EVERY SELLER......

The whole resolving issues would be pointless....

Fix this eBay.

How may other sellers are you doing this to!!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't bother revising my feedbacks anymore..

I just message the buyer that left the feedback and help them with their situation and leave it as that. If they offer to change their feedback, awesome.

The last time I tried to revise it my buyer didn't get a change to revise it until it expired. You can't even open it up again. Tiring....

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

No surprise there, as far as I'm concerned !!

As long as ebay have the 'top spot' of all auction sites, they will do nothing to fix anything that or any other problem that impacts on sellers.

For all their pretty words, they don't actually care a fig about their sellers despite the fact that we constitute their 'bread and butter'

I have sold for just on 7 years with ebay and in all that time, I've never found them in the least responsive to any issue I have raised.

They ask you to evaluation the service you are provided with on customer service but after this length of time, I've given up doing it because its pointless ! They say they will pass on your concerns, suggestions and comments to the relevant dept but it never achieves anything.

Basically, they want sellers to provide a AAA service, without supporting us in the least and are quite happy to have ANY sort of buyer regardless of their buying conduct.

That's the name of the game with ebay.

Yes if I sound bitter, that's because I am and the minute there is another auction site that will give ebay a run for their money in terms of the buyers or potential buyers it attracts, I guarantee ebay will up their game. Lack of competition = sloppy service !!

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

thanks for the input guys,

it has been years and they still have not changed the terrible feedback system....if a buyer is going to leave negative, MAKE them CONTACT the seller first...very simple...

also if there is an EBAY error, OWN UP TO IT EBAY!!!!!

funny part is in the emails she writes: "We know what feedbacks mean to you and how you feel when you receive non-positive ones."

NO YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND AT ALL

and another quote from the email: "Since the request of feedback revision expired, so we are regret that we can not recover the error for you."

YOU TOOK 10 DAYS TO ANSWER ME! It would not have expired if you answer within 24-48 hours....

So again, a clear customer service error as well and they cannot be bothered...shocking...

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Whilst it doesn't excuse a lack of service on eBay's part, the lesson is to RING them and talk to a supervisor if necessary.

This is the first time I've heard of them taking 10 days to answer a question, but eBay are notoriously slow to answer email queries.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

10 days, yes i was absolutely amazed myself, i emailed them 5 times!!

I have emailed again and giving them a chance to fix this, hopefully someone with more authority will respond this time....if not I will have to call indeed.

the fact that it is complete error on their part and they do not want to fix it would make ANY Seller angry...this is not the way to treat us.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Exactly the same message I got from eBay when I was trying to get a negative removed!

eBay does prompt buyers to contact the sellers before leaving neutrals and negatives. Buyers just prefer to ignore.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

thanks for that, yes they do prompt buyers, but it should be an actual check box or something similar.

for exmaple, if they click the negative box, a prompt should come up saying, "have you contacted the seller", if they tick no, then a contact form comes up...very simple fix.

....and when it comes to errors, they should have no problems fixing it instead of coming up with a **bleep**py excuse...

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Long time seller on eBay. In that time had only four negative feedbacks. All of which were due to lieing or fraudulent buyers.

everytime I request eBay to withdraw the feedback giving email evidence etc. I get zip.now you cannot even phone them. Just automatic email responses.

Only being allowed to leave positive feedback to buyers makes it even more of a one way street.

if there was another online auction site I would have left years ago.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

1. Try online chat instead of phoning or emailing eBay.
2. Don't reply to topics that have been dead for 7 years - start a new one!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply