Seller Protection

I can’t find in Ebays T&C under Seller Protection anything referring to if the Carrier loses the item , does anyone have understanding if this happens will this be covered by the Seller Protections or am I as a seller that has uploaded tracking sent item on time etc would I lose the items plus I would lose the funds as well 

eg $370.00 item sent parcel post with signature on receiving

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller Protection

There are actually 2 parts to the puzzle:

1) To be covered by Ebay, the item needs to show delivery to the buyer, as mentioned

2) However, if the item is genuinely lost in the mail, Aus Post will compensate you, up to the value of $100, unless you took insurance (which you hopefully did).

So, if this is the parcel you had the other thread about - the buyer could open a case for non-delivery and would win because you cannot show delivery. On the flip side, you would then raise a claim against Aus Post.

They would want proof of the value of the item, and I would just send them a simple screens shot of the transaction which shows what the item was, the value and the tracking number.

In the past, they have sent me a money order to cover losses caused by them.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Seller Protection

To be covered by Seller Protection the tracking needs to show delivery to the buyer.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

There are actually 2 parts to the puzzle:

1) To be covered by Ebay, the item needs to show delivery to the buyer, as mentioned

2) However, if the item is genuinely lost in the mail, Aus Post will compensate you, up to the value of $100, unless you took insurance (which you hopefully did).

So, if this is the parcel you had the other thread about - the buyer could open a case for non-delivery and would win because you cannot show delivery. On the flip side, you would then raise a claim against Aus Post.

They would want proof of the value of the item, and I would just send them a simple screens shot of the transaction which shows what the item was, the value and the tracking number.

In the past, they have sent me a money order to cover losses caused by them.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

Thanx Jelly, no its not anything to do with the misdirected parcel , its to do with a item i've purchased as a Buyer so i know i'm fully covered, but in the process of doing my claim i've just learnt the Seller that i purchased from is going to have the funds deducted , hence my asking as i'm a Seller i thort we were covered for lost freight, but i now know today that is not the case, the Seller sent it Parcel Post with a Signature but they didn't purchase extra cover - so a lesson learnt my end - but at the end of the day i will be going halves with the loss with the Seller if and when when the time comes, hopefully the item is found and arrives down the track.

Anyway thanx for your response its much appreciated rgds Darren

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

Seller is 100% responsible for purchasing extra cover - not sure why you feel even partly responsible for sharing their loss. It would have cost the seller just an extra $7.50 to insure the full value.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

Because its a Seller we buy from for Rare New Old Stock Ford Tickford Parts, i would like to keep a good rapport with them - like myself my Seller had the impression that the Seller was covered for lost items - all good this will be a Lesson for both of us for the Future - again thanx for you response 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

As a Seller, we have no protection

As the Buyer gets the goods, then says not received

Then ebay makes us pay the refund with out us getting the goods back

Even when we show tracking for the good

I do not mind to give a Refund, as long as i get the goods back,

But NO Ebay just puts our account on hold

Then we do not even get the funds from other sales

How do we fix this as now it has happened to me 3 times Lost Over $600

I am at a point off closing my ebay account

I buy on average 15 items a Week

And only sell a small amount

So i Guess its best not to sell on ebay

DENNIS

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

I recently purchased a registered envelope at my Local Post office put a Coin packed in cardboard weighed an ounce,  sent it to this dude, he says he picked up all his mail and signed for the registered letter but didn't take any notice of it till he got home where he made a video on himself opening it an only finding a empty envelope. now I been held responsible for his negligence of not checking the letter at the Post Office where he should have just refused to take and had it returned  to sender, even finding it was empty at home should have still taken thee unopened letter back instead of making a video, my Post Office lady pointed the finger at the post Office down there, so I lose my sovereign coin and 70 dollars with the US eBay I contacted on twitter I have an appeal against a wrongful ebay decision but in Australia there is none, yesterday they told me it would be decided and I would find out on the 23rd but an email 5 minutes later they had decided to take my money, was this dud a eaby employee? now I got to take all my coins that require  registered mail of the ebay and sell them somewhere else this is not a safe place to sell items like such anymore.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

@rider9595 wrote:

...............he says he picked up all his mail and signed for the registered letter but didn't take any notice of it till he got home where he made a video on himself opening it an only finding a empty envelope. now I been held responsible for his negligence of not checking the letter at the Post Office where he should have just refused to take and had it returned  to sender, even finding it was empty at home should have still taken thee unopened letter back instead of making a video................

How can the buyer be negligent in not checking the parcel at the post office ?  At home they checked it and the coin was missing and they rightfully got a refund for the missing item.

How on earth would they know the coin was missing without opening the parcel ?  So your premise of sending back an unopened parcel because the coin wasn't there is false.

It doesn't matter where the coin went missing, the buyer didn't get it so you have to refund them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Seller Protection

Bit suss that he made a video. something wrong here. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply