Seller Protection

I can’t find in Ebays T&C under Seller Protection anything referring to if the Carrier loses the item , does anyone have understanding if this happens will this be covered by the Seller Protections or am I as a seller that has uploaded tracking sent item on time etc would I lose the items plus I would lose the funds as well 

eg $370.00 item sent parcel post with signature on receiving

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Seller Protection

@pnc75 wrote:

Bit suss that he made a video. something wrong here. 

Yep PNC, I wondered about that as well.  I guess maybe he couldn't feel the coin in the package and decided to video the opening of it - or he's running a scam of his own.

Multiple INR's would show that, if rider was to query eBay perhaps.............

The other thing was that I didn't think videos could be uploaded into an INR dispute ???

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Colour me confused.

Rider is registered in Australia, but talks of ounces, losing money to ebay US and the Post Office 'down there'

I also didn't think ebay took any notice of videos in disputes.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Wondered about that too?

Buyer should have 'taken notice' and felt the packaging up at the post office? (surely just as suss to 'check' it is what it ought to be there and then.....................how many people would even think to do that inside the post office?)

Rather than get home with it, then notice something (as stated by the OP  but didn't take any notice of it till he got home) hence then video opening it?

Who the heck knows

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Rider is registered in Australia, but talks of ounces, losing money to ebay US and the Post Office 'down there'

They might be an "old fogey" like me Stawks, I need to convert metric to imperial to make sense of the units.

Spoiler
Sometimes it works when getting pulled up for speeding by a similar "old fogey" in uniform....😂
Spoiler
.............but not very often..............🙄

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Colour me confused.

I also didn't think ebay took any notice of videos in disputes.

Coins are often referred to in ounces, even in Australia.

Maybe the buyer was in the US, hence the mention of ebay US? Hard to say really as the post was a bit confusing.

I'm thinking it's weird that the buyer videoed the opening. Do people routinely do that? Given Rider said the coin was a Sovereign, they are lucky they only lost $70. I'd have sold my soul to get a Sovereign for $70! Those coins usually sell for several hundred, and even close to a grand (sometimes over) if they are in excellent condition. This must have happened a few months ago as there is no sovereign showing in their sold items. 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply