Seller paid for item and postage and now wants to pick up

Hi, I've had a buyer pay for an item with their postage and now wants to pick it up, I'm fine with picking up, whats the best way to go now, do I just send back a refund for postage by paypal or is there a way to send a new invoice for pickup?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

cq_tech
Community Member
Log on to Paypal and issue a partial refund for the postage amount. Some people wouldn't bother and would simply refund the buyer in cash when they come to pick up the item, but doing it that way will cost additional fees, and also leave you open to possible eBay MBG or Paypal disputes further down the track, both of which are void on a pick-up item.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks very much for that
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You're welcome. 🙂
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I have this problem. 
Item will be picked up tomorrow, and l am happy to pay her cash as a postage refund, but how do l account to Ebay for not posting the item?
This must happen to others, but l have searched and searched but cannot find any advice on what to do! lt's very frustrating.
Would be very grateful if anyone could help.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@planetange111, did you not see the date on the last post in this thread?

23rd May 2015. More than EIGHT years ago,

This is a dead thread, exhumed from its grave…

I’m sure a moderator will be along to lock the thread because it’s so old. I could answer your question here, in this thread, but given that it’s sure to be locked, I’d much rather reply to a new thread started by you.

Do you see the “Start a conversation” button at the top of this board? (Or use this link: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/2500000010)

I will just quickly say that you will have no protection against a case of Item Not Received if you allow pickup in this case. Start that new thread and the posters here will give you advice from multiple perspectives as well as talking through the relevant eBay policies and required levels of proof, etc.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply