Seller says sent back, I don't receive and seller is given another chance??

souraji
Community Member

I am writing again for help, this time as a seller. Last time this forum was really helpful in not getting cheated as a buyer and I am looking for constructive criticism. Briefly (from the case read the correspondence so far)

--------
Sep. 27 :
A return request was initiated

Sep. 23 :
The case was put on hold

Sep. 23 :
Case opened
Comments
1. I personally tested the item before dispatch and it was fully functional
2. The buyer threatened negative feedback in the first message
3. Buyer said I should have another similar item to send to him (I never claimed that I had anywhere)
4. Buyer wanted to keep the item and for me to refund fully, and made further threats
5. I contacted eBay to inform the buyer to return the items, as there were more than one motor in the package, and I had added some freebies as well
6. Buyer claimed to have return shipped the item even before I accepted the return or sent him a postage label
7. I have not received the item so far. I don t think it has been shipped back to me but all I can say is I have not received anything back. You are free to please check my messages with this buyer. He has been very difficult to communicate with, and been unwilling to adhere to eBay policies which he agreed to when he signed up. Thank you for looking into this case

Sep. 8 :
The buyer added tracking details

Sep. 8 :
You approved a return

Sep. 8 :
You sent a message
Comments
DO NOT SHIP BACK UNTIL I ACCEPT RETURN, GIVE YOU A SHIPPING ADDRESS.

Sep. 8 :
The buyer requested a return
Comments
AS DISCUSSED THIS FAULTY ITEM HAS BEEN PLACED IN THE MAIL BOX WITH RETURN TO SENDER ON IT PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY URGENTLY

--------

What eBay have done so far, is asked the buyer to return the item again, although he has already said on Sep 8th that he has sent it back and I have not received it. The buyer has threatened me with negative feedback from the first message onward, and tried to get a refund and keep the item.

Now on 27/9 they have asked the buyer to return the item again although he said he'd sent it back on Sep 8th and they've said as soon as tracking shows delivered they will refund the buyer. Knowing this buyer, he's lied repeatedly to me, he might just send an empty box or something else and I have to refund him? How can eBay simply ignore the fact that he claimed he had already posted it back and ask him to post it again, three weeks later??

Any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

For future reference, if you ever need to confirm whether tracking numbers match a returned item or any order for that matter, the weight is a dead giveaway. I ordered a 2kg chair from China and received a 0.32g cardboard teddy bear once. Seller provided tracking. When I received it I took a close up of the tracking next to the weight on the label and the whole package of course also. I was refunded no problems
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

souraji
Community Member
Great idea. But with Auspost they can ship an empty box and say 1kg and as long as it’s not overweight, Auspost will ship it
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

If a package is lodged over the counter the computer generated label will show the weight of the package.....nobody just says what it weighs.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Not if using prepaid labels.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hi

Yes they did. They closed the case, because the buyer did not want to return the item. He had it 5 days ahead of time, and could have easily sent it back (I was ready to pay for postage), in fact I was ready to refund the moment he sent me the despatch details, but he was rude from the beginning,and that put me off. Yes I asked eBay to remove my feedback first, and then his (apparently eBay do that anyway)

Also, going through his messages again, I can see a few places where he is obviously lying (conflicting statements that can't be true at the same time) but I've just blocked him. 

What a nightmare... but good support (mostly) from the community.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply