Sellers Beware - Outrageous Estimated Delivery Date

This one takes the cake.  Received an eBay message this afternoon at 4.12pm advising an Item I ordered has been sent and the Estimated delivery date is Thursday 8th October - MAGIC !!  Smiley LOL

I don't usually take any notice of their messages regarding delivery - now I wonder how often my buyers receive messages similar to this & what date will appear when they leave Feedback and are asked, 'Did your item arrive before such & such a date'  ?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

ROFLMAO-1.gif

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

One thing I know you can do when printing eBay labels is change the posting date - eg a couple of times I've printed a label on a Sunday, but selected Monday as the posting date (not sure if that adjusts when the notification to the buyer is sent, as well, I know it does on other sites, but I suspect it's sent immediately on eBay). 

That sort of thing would affect eBay's ETA, too, but even if your seller changed the posting date that way, it should add extra time to the ETA as you can't select past dates. 

At least the seller has a buyer who is aware of eBay's foibles. 🙂

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Pity any poor sellers who don't though - s/he should be pretty lucky with most buyers I guess as s/he sells packaging Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

I think there is a perfectly retional explanation. Aus Post have a new fleet of  DeLorean delivery vansSmiley Very Happy 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Hahaha, I was thinking perhaps they had invested in some drones but a fleet of time machines - even better Smiley LOL

No more problems now !!! 

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I think there is a perfectly retional explanation. Aus Post have a new fleet of  DeLorean delivery vansSmiley Very Happy 

Thats in preperation for their new two tiered post system. The second class mail is going to be transported by their new fleet of horse and carts.   Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Not horse and carts but by foot just like the catalogues

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

What I don't get is why eBay keeps making postage time a seller metric? It's highly dependent on Aus Post, and there isn't much a seller could do except post the item within the specified handling time. Since items are posted with tracking, it'll be easy for eBay to look the tracking details and work out when the item was posted, and when it was delivered, so they don't even need to ask the buyer as part of their feedback. I just left feedback as a buyer for an item I bought, and that "Did you received by XYZ date" question in the feedback threw me as I can't remember when I received it.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Hahaha, interestingly, my order that was posted on 9th with estimated delivery on 8th arrived today (Sydney to Bris. - not bad !) and STILL eBays estimated delivery date when I go to leave Feedback is ' Did it arrive before 8th ?' after it was marked posted on 9th !!

I would seriously think in these days of technology it would not be that difficult for an IT expert to have something within their programmes to make this sort of thing impossible - it is just unbelievable to me.

RE  :  Did you received by XYZ date" question in the feedback threw me as I can't remember when I received it.

Pretty sure I recall reading somewhere that if buyers answer NO, it's possibly an automatic defect - so if ever in doubt, I always say YES Smiley LOL   and if it doesn't arrive by the due date, but still within MY estimated delivery date, or a date I'm satisfied with, I still say YES  Smiley Surprised

I figure if I'm happy to leave 5 Stars, then it makes no difference if it arrived before eBay's guesstimated date.  At the end of the day, I'm the one leaving the Feedback - not eBay

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I sometimes get the question, other times I don't. Most items I buy have a tracking number uploaded, so it's not even like it's only asking for untracked items. There's been quite a few times when I've had a lot of feedback to leave that I've just left the comment and the 5 stars and forgot all about answering the question. I hope that doesn't go against the seller. I always leave feedback the day I receive my items because most of the time I buy multiple items and it's my way of checking them off. Therefore I know if they've arrived by the due date or not (only one hasn't but I still ticked yes for that one because I've bought lots of things from that seller).

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply