Sellers in China

When is Ebay going to step up and stop sellers located in China from coming into the feed of a search when you Click AUSTRALIA ONLY, I have to check every seller before I purchase an item, I want to support Australian Businesses not China, this is really out of hand and it is getting to the stage where other platforms are looking pretty good, Amazon, Catch, plenty of choices, and sad to say been on Ebay since 1998 and have seen it turn to a **bleep** pile it is becoming now, Hopefully someone in Ebay itself reads these messages and takes some appropriate action, and stopping the people who say are Aussie sellers and located in China stopped!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sellers in China

Plenty of Chinese sellers claiming to be in Australia on Amazon.

It is a function of how eBay works - if an item is listed on the .au site, the listing will show under Australia only.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers in China

Ebay Aust might read the messages, but, sadly never respond.....when you check Aust only, you get all sellers that will post to Australia....always check a seller's feedback for where they are registered...good luck!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers in China

When will buyers stop keeping such sellers in business and then complain about it?

No, eBay staff do not read here

You could care who you are buying from and check the sellerโ€™s feedback

Or learn how the search function actually works

Or leave deceptive sellers neg feedback

You have many feedbacks from sellers in China you have chosen to buy from

You donโ€™t get to support them and then complain you are supporting them

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers in China

Not sure if the ones you quote are as squeeky clean as you think.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers in China

Nothing will change in regards to this.

- If it is set to sell to buyers in Australia then it will show up in 'Australian' search results.

- The amount of money in fees generated by Chinese sellers is far too high to remove from listings for eBay as a company.

- If fees from Chinese sellers reduce because they block their listings as you would like then fees will just go up for everyone as they have to maintain their income as a company and Chinese sellers are a big part of it with their tens of thousands of feedbacks.

A catch-22 situation for eBay.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Sellers in China

I've been on ebay (under other ID's) for a long time too and I suspect 'Australia only' is a bit of a hangover from the old days. Back then, if an item was advertised as from an aussie location, then the seller was from here too. You could pretty much count on the fact that the country any item was coming from was also the country of the seller, even for international sales. It was all clear.

But nowadays, so many Chinese sellers have warehouses here or else list their items as being located here, so they come up on the searches.

I think a lot depends on what items you are looking to buy. If it is small, mass produced stuff, then you'll get flooded with listings from Chinese sellers. It's still a good site for finding just about anything but yes, you have to check where the seller is located. I can't see ebay doing much about it as it brings in the revenue and I actually think they are trying to squeeze out the occasional, amateur seller.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply