Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

ok so there seems to be a problem that I am unaware of.  This is not happening to my overseas customers. In fact I was wondering why I am getting such an influx of overseas customers lately, now I know - thank you for all those extra customers.

Message 11 of 121
Latest reply

Good thing the rest of us card enthusiasts / sellers  are working together to resolve  problems and pave the way for those that have their head in the sand!  Keep at it Bonza, I think we are slowly wearing ebay down.  My buyers are making their own complaints to ebay direct where possible as well.

Message 12 of 121
Latest reply

The cart function does not offer the seller the opportunity to adjust the postage so buyers purchasing more than one item pay postage on each line.  It is then necessary for the seller to refund the overpayment through pay/pal. This is fine........except that pay/pal told me I was issuing too many refunds and that my customer satisfaction needs to be improved!! 

Message 13 of 121
Latest reply

@oldregretscolt wrote:

Good thing the rest of us card enthusiasts / sellers  are working together to resolve  problems and pave the way for those that have their head in the sand!  Keep at it Bonza, I think we are slowly wearing ebay down.  My buyers are making their own complaints to ebay direct where possible as well.

If the problem hasn't effected me,  how am I supposed to be aware of it.?.. therefore why is my head in the sand? please explain?

and BTW I am genuinely grateful for the extra overseas customers for now (if you are a satisfactory seller those customers will come back to you when the glitch is fixed). I wasn't trying to be offensive with my original comment, I was just trying to point out that this problem hasn't effected everyone.

I'm trying to make a living the same as everyone else - don't hold my success against me please.

Message 14 of 121
Latest reply

What you have been 'successful' in... Is alienating quite a list of fellow card lovers. But never mind. Thank you for your input. Will take on board that you are not experiencing the difficulties that the bigger sellers are.
We are still hoping someone can offer some constructive insight into the issue.
Is there anyone else that can offer suggestions or experiencing the problem caused to buyers of multiple items?
It's occurring daily and eBay customer service had offered only obvious troubleshooting solutions of no help at all.
Favourite customers whom have had no prior issue are now facing the pay immediately prompt as well.
Message 15 of 121
Latest reply

I am sure we are all going to have this problem sooner or later as I know I have refunded a fortune through paypal for postage lol.   The problem is in checkout as we do not have a 'cart' option in Aus and it is not redirecting customers to continue shopping.  The only choice is to pay.  Soneone has suggested it is to do with the US upgrade.   Some dill may of forgot to include it.    I just tried to contact ebay US and can only phone them,  so now I am thinking I never complained to them at all but to Australia customer support one phone call straight after the other.  NO wonder they are not listening to me lol.  We cant afford to ring US customer support all the time so I am going to get back onto Aus customer support and insist they contact them for us and request a response.  Is there an ombudsman for ebay someone that can sort out stuff ? 

Message 16 of 121
Latest reply

Some have the cart option here in Australia - one buyer in particular - her payment notification comes through to email first then within a minute or so the sold item notifcations come through.  All with the exact same time of purchase on them.  And the payment of course has the postage total for each item as I do not get the opportunity to adjust when they use the cart.  The buyer is advised...when using the cart that if they require a combined invoice, then they need to use the BUY IT NOW function

Message 17 of 121
Latest reply

I have items of yours - in my cart Bonza, and your postage cost only shows once! At 60c.  How do you set that up????

Message 18 of 121
Latest reply

I sell stamps to the UK and USA and am having the same problem.I have reported it to ebay via live chat and they were hopeless and in total denial of the problem. I have now emailed the issue to ebay and live in hope of a more detailed response. I think the 'checkout' has been updated on overseas sites and not yet in Oz, as a result there is an ongoing problem of overseas buyers having to pay for each item individually. this gives PayPal extra fees. All sellers with this faulty experience need to report this to ebay, it is the only way to get it resolved. I also have a (now redundant) UK ID and went through the process of attempting to buy an item from my Ozzie store and there is no 'add to cart' button or 'continue shopping' option anywhere. Just a full on checkout or Pay Now. It workd fine for Oz 2 Oz sales, but totally fails for Oz 2 Overseas....Please ebay, read this and sort it out.......any other sellers, complain to ebay en masse....cheers folks. 

Message 19 of 121
Latest reply

thankyou for the input toygirl70 it seems more and more are saying the same thing, many will be affected but may not realise it as yet until a pattern forms with their sales.  Very informative I am going to get back onto them today also by phone.   I wonder how long its going to take to fix it?  I think we should direct ebay to this discussion also in our complaints so they can see its more than 1 being affected.   Oldregretscolt thanks for the info and I emailed you the info you wanted.

Message 20 of 121
Latest reply