Send after this date message

Hi guys,

Just wanted your input on this if possible. Have a buyer who paid but requested I send the item after 27th of this month. With the defects in operation will eBay take the buyers message as 'proof'that it has not been sent upon the request of the buyer or with everything else is all this automated and I will cop a defect that I will have to call eBay to reverse? Anyone had an experience with this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have. 

I called eBay and didn't receive a defect.

Others that have come here to the boards have also done the same.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I've held items back due to the buyer request.

I've never had a problem...never called eBay either.

Providing this is done through eBay messages, if you get a defect just ring them and get them to check the messages.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks both of you!! It made sense to think that it would not lead to a defect, but then this is eBay so I tend to think if it makes sense then it probably is not the way eBay will think/work. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If you want to play it safe, buy an eBay postage label. That way the system thinks it's posted. Then you can lodge it on the 27th. Even if it arrives after the ETA, which it will, the fact it's been "posted" within your handling time, will keep you safe. It also stops the buyer getting the "did it arrive by X date" question, so they can't tick no and accidentally give you a defect.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You need an online tracking event within your handling time, otherwise it is an automatic defect.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Hmmmmm, I guess the OP is screwed then! That sucks.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

When you post the item, don't upload the tracking number to Ebay (but save it in case of a dispute).

Send the number to the buyer in a message, and also mention that when/if they choose to leave feedback, please leave the question "did it arrive by such and such a date" blank.

It's worked for us in the past when a buyer has asked for delayed postage.

Of course, it won't work if you use Ebay labels as they're automatically uploaded.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

When I have a request to delay postage, with the sellers permission I mark it as posted even tho it wasn't, then put the tracking number in once it is posted with no probs. This works for me 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply