Sending items to norway

j-hmjk
Community Member

Hey guys,

I've had some increased interest on my listing from buyers located in Norway. I offer international shipping, so it's not the country that is bothering me. But more the users who are actually purchasing the items.

It only clicked in my head now that most of the buyers are low feedback buyers from Norway. I am happy to send to low feedbackers as I know that everyone starts a 0. But it got me thinking, has anyone encountered any troubles with buyers from Norway?

All the funds seem clear in my account fine, but I'm just worried that down the track they're going to try chargebacks or something along those lines?

Any past experiences is appreciated!

thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sending items to norway

If you are going to send send by registered trackable means (that shows their address) otherwise they can claim they didn't receive it and paypal will refund them. You lose the item plus the money.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

I'm sending items through a trackable postage service, would that be enough? Or would it require signature aswell?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

Morning, I think to satisfy paypal against a claim it would have to have the customers address, tracking number and be post stamped.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

@j-hmjk wrote:

I'm sending items through a trackable postage service, would that be enough? Or would it require signature aswell?

Yes you will need a signature in case of a claim. International Registered Post is what you want. It needs to be signed for on delivery but it is not trackable. The other postal option is trackable but does not get a signature. 

As for Norwegians, they are very much like Australians. My Norwegian friends loved their time living here & I loved my time there. Except for the cost. A ten minute taxi ride cost $80 & a bottle of Jacobs Creek was a bargain at $125. It didn't stop the locals though, the Government Liquor outlets were packed with people buying the world's most expensive beer, wine & spirits. Quite unbelievable.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

threewatch
Community Member
I had trouble with customs in Norway. I am an Australian and I bought something from an eBay business and requested them to sent the item to a friend in Norway and mark it as a gift, as it was exactly that a gift.
The item I bought cost $A100 which is 500 Norwegian kroner. The person I sent it to had to pay $A60 which is 300k before it was released from customs. Yes! The import tax was almost the cost of the goods.

I was in Australia when I purchased the item. A few months later I went to Norway, consequent, I visited customs to find out why my gift had a tax attached. I was told that the gift was sent from an eBay business & it was not sent from a person. In other words, if the item had been posted to myself in Australia and then I posted it to the person in Norway no tax would be necessary. I know this sounds rediculious, but these are the facts.

I can tell you more if you would like some advise.
However, while I was in Norway, I found out that the postal delivery person is not allowed to deliver anything to any letter box if the name on the letter/parcel is not the same as what is written on the letter box.
I hope some of this is helpful.
Cheers for now.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

I've posted to Norway a few times now. I've sent a few just by regular air mail, and for orders $40-$50+ I get it sent by Registered Post for peace of mind. All orders arrived safely Smiley Happy

Countries in Europe do take a little longer to arrive though (3-5 weeks). I would also be wary of some countries as I've had a few go missing and had to refund my customers full payments including postage Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sending items to norway

Are you a eBay business? If so my last email applies to all businessess. Again this is what I was told by customs. If you are a private person sending somthing to a private person there is no import tax.
Please reply and let meand all who reads this if you are a business
Cheers threewatch.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply