Sendle - Feedback Please

jvdv11
Community Member

I see eBay is promoting Sendle with a new banner ad - they apparently pickup from your home, delivery times seem okay and their prices are better than Aust Post. 

Before using them I'd appreciate any feedback from those who have used them.

Thanks

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Sendle - Feedback Please

Not realiable at all, firstly, the courier drivers pick up the parcels some driver didn't do their job. For sending to overseas we lost over 15 parcels  and it is very hard to communicate and make a claim with Sendle. For local delivery it is ok but there are 2 parcels we've sent has been reported missing so we refunded the buyer but when we start to make a claim with sendle they changed the tracking says the parcel has been deliveried. If anyone want to avoid troble better not using them. I will contiune using Australian Post at this stage. Sendle has given me too many headaches, i have to deal with them everyday to chase us my parcels and make claims. Very painful! Has anyone had any experiences like me ?

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

Awaiting delivery of Barina bits from a Brisbane mob that use Sendle for delivery. Stuff delivered from Melbourne by Australia Post arrives next day or the day after. This Sendle pack of **bleep**as are taking longer to just get across Brisbane.  Finally took them from Friday to Wednesday.

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

Just to clarify -

Sendle are not a courier service, rather they are a broker which outsource a delivery to one of the numerous delivery services.  Typically this will be the cheapest and quite litrerally you get what you pay for,  That is, the cheaper delivery service they engage for your delivery the worse the reliabilty .  From past experience Fastaway is by far the worst, but then again you would not know that when you make the purchase.

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

jerrm60
Community Member
I've used sendle a bit since they integrated with the eBay postage system..
For less valuable items, if there's a big postage price difference or I can't be bothered going to the post office, the pickup option is definitely a bonus.

I've always use Auspost because I've found them to be reliable and really good with lost packages and the compensation.

For same state deliveries, sendle is amazing. Most of my same state orders get to the buyer on the same day.
For interstate packages, they seem to use Fastway and Couriers Please etc. Which has taken around the same time as Auspost, but I'm still worried about lost packages and compensation.

For rural areas, auspost are the cheapest because of the government subsidies I guess.

So far I haven't had issues with sendle, but it's good to have a convenient option now
Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to post a new one.

I just wanted to say to any sellers wanting to save money on postage that I'm extremely happy with Sendle, and totally recommend them. I've been using them for about 8 months, and haven't had a single issue with them. On average, I send about 25 packages a day with them. In all that time, only one went missing, and that was found within 36 hours after they did a backtrace on it, it was in one of their depots.

Amarex (formerly Fastways), now have a contract with Sendle, and do the majority of their delivery, but as someone pointed out, they do use a other couriers from time to time.

My packages have always been picked up on time, and arrive faster than Auspost, and only cost $7.15 compared to AP $9.15 (words can't describe how much I hate Auspost, $60,000+ watches to their executive sales managers, no wonder Australia has the most expensive postage in the modern world).

Yes, they only offer customer support through email, but that's the same with Auspost now, and I've tried to make over the counter enquiries, and I've been asked to file the complaint using their online service. (but sometimes they will look into it they can, but it's rare).

The only downside is that remote areas cost $20.15 so you'll never be completely divorced from Auspost 

If you want to save money, I suggest you give them a try

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

My experience: I have used them 17 times, all for sold items, they lost one and took months to resolve the issue by which time ebay had charged me a fee and refunded the customer, and today I got a message from a customer saying they got a card from Sendle with no instructions on where to collect their parcel. When I checked Sendle it is very conveniently on it's way back to me in Melbourne from Brisbane. They didn't bother to let me know any of this. It appears I won't get a refund for the delivery fee either. 

So personally I would say 2 screw ups out of 17 deliveries is unacceptable. I've lost any financial gain I had through using them instead of Aus Post and got 2 unhappy customers to boot. Won't be using them any more.

Never had these sorts of issues with Australia Post and I've been using them for decades.

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

I've lost any financial gain I had through using them instead of Aus Post 

And it only took you 17 transactions that put $$ into your pocket to work that out? Or were you prepared to wear some losses as, as you have said, you were getting a financial gain. That is, profiting from postage. You are unlikely to get a more sympathetic answer.

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

i used them the once and it was great.

As my items tend to be over $100,i won't use them on expensive items incase of loss.

Best to stick to Aus Post and pay the extra

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

I do not recommend Sendle, waited 3 days for pick up of my parcel and they didn't collect, waited in all three days and stayed on alert listening for their call, but no one came, even though Sendle indicated that they had attempted pick up. Absolute rubbish!! You can't get to talk to anyone to discuss your issue, it appears that all communications are handled by 'robots'. And to add insult to injury I cannot void the Sendle label in eBay.  I have since used Australia Post to send the parcel as my buyer is waiting for it, I can only 'add' the Australia Post tracking number to the item, I am unable to delete the Sendle one; even though all searches indicate you can edit tracking numbers. I have been using eBay for many years both for purchasing and selling but this has been the most stressful three days I have experienced. I am seriously doubting whether it is worth the hassle.  But I have learnt from the experience and would never use or recommend Sendle.

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

Why are you even using Sendle.??

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply