Shopping Cart restrictions?

Posted a question about this a few days ago but can't find the thread. I have been having problems with customers trying to buy items from my store. Apparently they can not buy more than 4 items from their cart yet are wanting to buy more. If directed to purchase from my store rather than their cart they still come up with a message telling them that they have reached a limit of 4 and to purchase again in 10 days time.Tearing my hair out over this one as I currently have absolutely no buyer restrictions and eBay doesn't seem to know how to rectify this. This has happened 6 times now in the past fortnight and it is costing me sales. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I suggest you look at your buyer requirements again.

That is definitely one of the restrictions that a seller can set and it would appear you have, inadvertant or not.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for that but I do not have a single box checked. Just don't know where else to look...

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Try adding the buyer to your requirements exemption list.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

If that works you may need to include a note highlighted in your listings for buyers to message you if they are having difficulty with multiple purchases. Then you add them to the list.

But as dave suggested, sounds like selected requirement by the seller.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Definitely sounds like the set up that is in place that buyers are blocked from buying more than a set number of items from you

The link to check is here http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

The section that I would review and that I would reset and unset to attempt to overcome any eBay glitch and ensure is functioning is the fifth option from top of the page which is -

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought  of my items in the last 10 days.

additional option is to -  Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of X or lower

whilst these may be display as zero, we know that we can zero confidence that the preferences that are selected by sellers are the preferences that eBay applies on a consistent basis.

Given the number of sales you are having issues with, worth a tinker with I reckon.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I will try to unset and reset just in case it is a glitch. Really frustrating! Have tried the buyer exemption last week and it wasn't that so really running out of options. Will keep going on it. Thanks everyone for your replies!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I'd also take a look at individual listings, as although the requirements under site preferences can be applied to current and future listings via a check box, it doesn't always work unfortunately. If you revise a listing, scroll down to the end and look at the individual requirements showing (they can be different on individual listings, but you can also edit in bulk if needed).
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

A couple of years ago I found out after a buyyer couldn't bid and missed out on a second item that ebay had reset my limit to 1. Had to go through and check every listing, about 70% had reset. When I started selling again this year my setting had changed from 2 UIDs in 12 months to 1 month, again most of them had changed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply