Should eBay leave automatic feedback for buyer who haven't after 30 days? i think yes

As FEEDBACK is so important to gauge you as a seller etc.
I think it unfair how SO MANY people just cant be bothered to leave any kind of feedback.

My idea is that eBay leave an automatic positive feedback for that sellers after 30days
I lose upwards of 50 per month

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Should eBay leave automatic feedback for buyer who haven't after 30 days? i think yes

Gotta ask are you using ebay to sell items or collect feedback?

You have heaps of feedback and no buyer is going to scroll through pages and pages to see if you are good reliable seller.

Or are you just concerned as you want your % to rise due to several neuts and negs?

Your DSR's are ok but the postage time is getting low.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Good idea!

I have often felt a little bitter that so many buyers can't be bothered to leave feedback, when I make such an effort to offer a great service to them on so many levels.

I might (if I'm lucky) get feedback from about 25 % of my buyers.

I even asked ebay about this issue at one stage and of course they spouted the official line about feedback not being mandatory. They are always telling me what I already know and in general stating the 'bl****ding obvious'.

However they also suggested that I might like to contact buyers a couple of weeks after they would have received their item from me, and politely explain that this follow-up was to ensure that they were happy with the transaction and if so would they please consider leaving feedback that reflected this.Though no-one is permitted to 'solicit' feeback, this approach was acceptable to ebay.

I have occasionally done this since then and with some good results.

Be careful though, it can backfire. Weeks after receiving their item with no contact from the buyer or communication from them of any sort, they THEN decide to leave neg feedback when receiving this follow up message from me !!!

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

I have often felt a little bitter that so many buyers can't be bothered to leave feedback,

Isn't that a little OTT? I really couldn't care less if a buyer leaves me feedback or not, I am selling items I am not trying to trade coloured dots on a computer screen. If I don't hear from a buyer by the time the 60 day limit is approaching I leave it for them and then archive the transaction, I wouldn't even know if they reciprocated.

Have you ever really thought that perhaps a buyer is not entirely happy with what they have received but not to an extent that they would leave less than pos feedback so leave none at all? If they knew ebay were going to automatically leave a pos for them after 30 days they would probably leave a neut or even a neg to prevent that happening.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

No, I don't think that's 'OTT' as you call it !

You may not care about feedback from buyers, but I (and clearly others) do, as an indication of the sort of service offered as a seller.

Don't see any problem with that.

I'm not a kindergarten student, sitting up straight in the hope of getting a shiny sticker. That's neither the value nor the point of feedback.

If you are a seller yourself, you would know how much work goes into producing a good listing and making sure that you provide good follow-up service. If a buyer leaves you positive feedback, that makes some reference to that good service then that can I believe influence future buyers to be more inclined to buy your items.

And, yes, there will be a proportion of buyers who, like you say, are not entirely satisfied with the item they purchased but not to the extent of leaving less than pos. feedback. Its up to the individual seller to decide whether they want to follow-up, not just for the purposes of receiving feedback but also, less cynically to complete the process of providing good customer service, with a REAL interest in whether the buyer was happy. So be it, if this results in neutral or negative feedback.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

@divakeltshirts wrote:

My idea is that eBay leave an automatic positive feedback for that sellers after 30days
I lose upwards of 50 per month

That would take away an individual's choice, which is theirs alone to make, and eBay can't assume that all was well on their behalf just because the buyer didn't leave feedback.

At best, I think a workable compromise would be a visible stat showing the number of transactions the seller has had, eg people could see something like 1000 transactions, 750 FB received.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Yeah, that's right actually.

Ebay can't just take control.

The buyers who did not leave feedback may well have made a conscious decision NOT to leave it and that has to be respected

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

thanks for ur kind thoughts.
It is how ebay rates u as a seller
2 negatives in a YEAR so NO
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

contacting works sometimes for me also
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

not about the colored dots to me.
When i buy i use previous feedback to help me decide whether to buy from that person
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply