Should free auto-relistings be deducted from promotional free listings?

pursson
Community Member

Hi

I'm a non-store seller, and occasionally get limited-time free listings on top of my monthly quota (for which I'm very grateful).

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but there was a time when, if you got, say 150 free listings, you got 150 free listings.

This no longer seems to be the case. In my last 2 promotions, all free auto-relistings from items listed prior to the commencement of the promotion period have been deducted from the free promotion tally, meaning I was only able to list 116 of the 150 free listings, and in my current promotion I'll be lucky to use half the free listings.

I've received conflicting advice from customer service, one saying it's a glitch that will be fixed, another one saying, no it's fine, but we'll give you some bonus free listings for some of the ones you missed out on.

Is anyone able to provide a more definitive explanation for this change?

thanks in advance

pursson

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Should free auto-relistings be deducted from promotional free listings?

It has always been a glitch on 2664, and as it has been several years I doubt eBay has any intention of fixing it.

If you end your items and relist them, rather than letting them roll over, you will at least start the auto-relist cycle again.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks, by cancelling the autorelists on 43 items, I was able to use 76 of the promotional listings.

pursson

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sadly that's the way it's been for a long time now (I think probably since 2664 started).

But you're right.   If you can remove the auto relist (on the drop down on the right side of each item) and re-list everything again or any new items. 

It keeps you busy, but means you get a whole 150 listed for 40 days along with the 40 monthly free.

Good luck 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I think i was glitched, the auto free relists took off my 40 free this month so I can't list anything for free. not happy.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That shouldn't happen Casbit  .. I'm sure if you contact Customer Support they'll help you. 

They should at least refund you for what you listed during that time?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply