Smartsend have gone downhill fast

I've used them regularly for a while but I have had to stop using them as they have completely buggered up 3 deliveries in a row by either not collecting or not delivering. I have spoken to the local couriers who Smarsend subcontract to and they complain at the ridiculous prices that they are required to supply to smartsend. when I asked them if I could use them directly they said yes but it will cost more than using them through smartsend even though they pay a cut to smartsend.

Therefore I conclude that what is happening is that smartsend who have no couriers themselves and only subcontract have beaten everyone down so much on price that the couriers they use seem to not really care. Smartsend require a phone number of both parties in order to use them but all three times couriers simply did not appear and they did not call.

When I complain to smartsend they tell me it's not their problem and that I should talk to the subcontractor which is plainly not right. The last time I used them, the parcel was not collected, they ask if I'd like them to rebook which they did and it was not collected again. They asked me again if they want me to rebook, I said what I want is a refund and I'll use Australia Post.

Smartsend have absolutely zero care about whether their subcontractor fulfil their obligations or not and the subcontractors obviously have equal disregard for the poor mug punter who is caught between them and smartsend. I would consider a smartsend job that was delivered or collected successfully as good luck.

It's worth paying a few dollars extra to deal with a company that actually has their own couriers even if they subcontract to other couriers with thier own drivers, rather than going through Smartsend which have no drivers at all and only exist as a web portal to skim money off other people's work. 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Smartsend have gone downhill fast

Have a look at this thread on them.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/SMART-SEND-COURIERS/td-p/145203

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply