Sneeky Final Value & Shipping Fees increase to 10.9%

Don't know if anyone was made aware of the increase of the Final Value Sale and Final Value Postage has now increased to 10.9%

I have 3 different accounts and none have received any notification of fees increasing.

Another ripoff from eBay.  Sellers are the only reason eBay exists.  The way eBay keep leaning towards the Buyer almost makes selling here near impossible to make a profit.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

You've had 12 months (and 5 days) to get used to it. Why complain now?

Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

We can all thank Gerry Harvey for the 10% GST hike on imports. His claim of an unfair playing field is absolute rubbish. This guy has manipulated and held suppliers to ransom for years on goods he purchases from overseas. Ask any Electronics supplier about his under handed tactics...  negotiating lower wholesale prices than his competitors then undercutting everyone on price to corner the market. It's all about Gerry Harvey and no one else - he's got into the head of the Australian Tax dept and convinced them that they are losing millions of $$ on tax. It didn’t take much convincing either - especially when money is involved.  You don’t have to be a genius to see how much Australian consumers are ripped off on local imported products.  Buying online is a good option for a lot of Australians that either have no time to go shopping or live outside a metro area. If you want to make a difference - avoid buying at Harvey Norman.

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

perfectly said ozscanners....finally someone else talking sense on here!

Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

Previous ebay fees for non store holders was 10.2% and now 10.9% .I assume paypal are still 3.2% The first 40 listings incur no listing fees. Caveat Emptor as to Promotional Offers. Carefully check your monthly ebay invoice as to items sold that include promo offers. Ebay does make mistakes as to billing.I have discovered Facebook and although its listings have limited time period =ITS FREE Agree both Amazon and ebay are just greedy..PS I only use ebay for its Promo Deals passed 40 items.

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

@justcobra wrote:

Previous ebay fees for non store holders was 10.2% and now 10.9% .I assume paypal are still 3.2% The first 40 listings incur no listing fees. Caveat Emptor as to Promotional Offers. Carefully check your monthly ebay invoice as to items sold that include promo offers. Ebay does make mistakes as to billing.I have discovered Facebook and although its listings have limited time period =ITS FREE Agree both Amazon and ebay are just greedy..PS I only use ebay for its Promo Deals passed 40 items.

Previous to what? They have been 10.9% since eBay was forced to charge GST. Prior to that they were 9.9%

Paypal is 30c + 2.6%.

There is no point dragging up an old thread full of outdated information if you don't even know what the current information is.

Message 45 of 49
Latest reply

This seems to be happening a lot lately. Is there something wrong with the search engine that turns up the oldest thread first ? Maybe we should request an RIP logo or a BOLD date to indicate how old the thread is. Better still get them deleted after X years.
Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

They promised to lock old threads years ago. Then, in the eBay way, failed to do so.

Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

The last thread locked by eBay was 17-07-2012. It must of been on someone's To Do List along with the several thousand other Community fixes and requests from all the annoying Sellers !

Maybe that person is RIP and no one has discovered the dead body slumped over a keyboard ? As we all know the Community IT crowd are in the basement below the car park...
Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

Ebay are more focused on breaking the forums aka last night!
Message 49 of 49
Latest reply