So angry right now

Sorry have to vent.

Had a negative feedback left this morning, checked there feedback for others, 16 negatives left in the past month, all roughly the same feedback.

So contacted ebay as they are obviously a scammer trying to get refunds.

Ebay said as I have no proof that they did receive the item, so I don’t have a leg to stand on.

I posted it in a large letter, so yes technically they are right.

The buyer did not even contact me to ask where my item is, so they did not even give me the opportunity to resolve.

I have now asked the buyer to change feedback and I will gladly give a refund, I am sure I will hear nothing.

Any other suggestions on hww to resolve this ????

I can gladly accept negative feedback for genuine reasons, but maybe ebay can actually start making it that the buyer does have to contact the seller first and genuinely try and resolve the issue before leaving negative feedback, as my last negative did not even contact me, I would have gladly given a refund, tried to contact them to resolve, heard nothing back.

Woman Sad

Thanks for letting me vent

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

So angry right now

Years ago buyers needed to contact first before less than pos feedback could be left.

But even then the buyer would just send a blank message or a series of fullstops and leave feedback.

I think you have done all you can and if they open a case inform either eBay or PayPal that you think they are scamming as they appear to have done it so many times.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

They have already damaged you now by leaving the neg feedback. Which I doubt ebay will remove.

So now I would do nothing more until / if they open a case against you.

Then you will have to refund as you have no tracking. So no choice.

And if you resolve the case straight away before it is escalated, by refunding voluntarily you will not get a defect under the new system.

But doing it this way it forces the buyer to make an official record on their buying account.

So I would sit tight for the moment. The buyer may do nothing more as if they are serial scammers they will not wish to make it official.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, just a bit frustrated at ebay, for letting them get away with it. 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

@elegant--u wrote:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, just a bit frustrated at ebay, for letting them get away with it. 

I have sent you a message,(it will show in Messages at the top) ^^

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

we see this so many times here on the selling board.

seller selling items that if they add tracked mail makes the item not worth listing. 

but this leaves the seller open for fraudulent claims.

be interesting to know if sellers selling low cost items without tracking have a higher neg count than sellers who use tracking.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

Next time you take your standard letter items into the Post Office, try this.

See if they will stamp them, then hand them back to you for a minute or two.

Go to the side counter, take out your mobile phone (that virtually everyone seems to have these days) and take a picture of each of them. Or, if you haven't got a mobile that takes a photo, take your camera with you to the PO.

When the customer (scammer) says the item has not arrived, send photo of letter, showing an item stamped by the PO.

Whilst this may not save you in the event of an INR case, it may cause the scammer to think twice before trying to take it any further.

I don't know if you are allowed to, but if posting a reply to the feedback, put the person's user ID in the feedback so others on these boards can see to block them, as you will be doing all of us a service.

Anyone who has left 16 negs in one month is just about certainly trying it on.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

See if they will stamp them, then hand them back to you for a minute or two.

Go to the side counter, take out your mobile phone (that virtually everyone seems to have these days) and take a picture of each of them. Or, if you haven't got a mobile that takes a photo, take your camera with you to the PO.

Nope.    They won't let you do that.   Once it's stamped it's theirs, not yours anymore

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

I hear your anger! I copped a neg today - reason she gave me, I don't think it was worth the price paid. Now given I had the item listed at a LOWER starting price than the BIN and she chose to BIN how the hell is that my fault. Geeez!!

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

So angry right now

I would be annoyed too - especially since it's not really even a feedback comment, but more like a message to the seller. 

I rarely even look at my feedback profiles these days, so any buyer who thinks that's a way to get my attention is going to either wait a fair while, or be disappointed entirely (or both). JMHO if someone wants to tell a seller something, they need to contact the seller, feedback is for when they want to tell everyone else something. 😕 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply