So will we get this as well?

go-tazz
Community Member

The new eBay Plus in Germany to "combat" Amazon Prime:

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/ebay-takes-wraps-off-new-membership-program-in-germany/

More ways for other sellers to rank lower,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@go-tazz wrote:

More ways for other sellers to rank lower,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

It might be as much an incentive to get more German sellers and/or buyers using PayPal as it is a trial run of a loyalty reward system (I didn't look, but since same-day express shipping is involved, payment method would have to be electronic, i.e. PayPal), but for sellers it doesn't sound that far removed from supposed boosts and benefits of Top Rated Plus (US) and Premium service here. 

It'll be interesting to see how (or if) it ends up working, since "Prime" items are almost always FBA (i.e not in the seller's possession, though I think there are some exceptions). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Wow, Amazon Prime is only 49 eoros in Germany! It costs me £79 per year here in the UK however it does include unlimited streaming of films, TV programs and music which may not be the case in Germany. As I buy a lot from Amazon it is more than worth it even though Prime qualifying items are usually slightly more expensive than those from other sellers who are not part of the Prime family.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply