Solve your lost parcels quicker through FB

I had a number of lost parcels last year and got tired of waiting and waiting and waiting every time I diligently opened a case in my Australia Post account.

Around September I had already been waiting 12 days for a reply on a particular item and sent off a nicely worded note through FB messages. They got back to me within a few hours and a day or so later the case was resolved.

Now, every time I have an issue with a lost tracked item, I just send them another message and ask them nicely to look into it. I've solved 3-4 this way since September.

To their credit, on Monday morning around 11am I sent them a message about the latest one, they got back to me within 2 hours and after a bit of back and forth where they ask you to tell them about what was lost, the value of it (I always include a screenshot of the sale as proof), the whole thing was solved by 3pm and a money order back to me was processed.

The trick is to make the message sweet, not go in with guns blazing.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yep.

Been mentioned on these boards myriad times.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

it's the same on twitter. if you have problems with AP - it's worth creating an account just for their customer service on there. you send them a message and they've often get back to you within in an hour or so during business hours. even better, create a case through their support portal and then reference the case number in the social media message and you're going to get a reply 10x faster than the standard. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply