Start ebay business

Hi 

I am new to these fourms and I have been a member on ebay for about 7 years now where I have been selling household things I dont use anymore, I want to start an ebay business but dont know how to do this.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some advice on how I can go about starting my own ebay business?

I am open to any advice about selling products on ebay.

What are the best items to buy in bulk and sell on ebay? Can I earn money from selling other peoples products on ebay with out making a mess of it all and going backwards.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Cheers

Dan

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Start ebay business

yes a a hobby seller, some months i can sell about 1000 -2000 every 3 month. went to a market day and sold about $600 less cost of table and money towards transport as i don't drive. remember you selling expenses are arount 17%  ebay fees, ebay fees on postage paypal,. this month i have only sold $8.50

also if you import items limit is $1000 AUS not $1000 US as I have been caught with thes and eas charged $10% GST and 15% customs Duty as well as postage.

Take it easy as normal sellers should be able to list 40 free items a month. also check the forums for additional  free listings.

enjoy your ebay experience, a good idea to have a rule book to follow.and graph your sales etc.

Anthony

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I didn't think to look at the OP's (sold) listings. You're right, I think the coins and bank notes would definitely be a good place to start, especially the pre decimal stuff. There's very few sellers that can get those kinds of prices so would certainly get him noticed. I've picked up quite a few bargain coins and notes over the years, which I could easily have resold for 4 or 5 times what I paid for them. I didn't buy them to resell though......not yet anyway! If the OP is in the right place at the right time, he could get some great bargains to resell too.

I didn't know what to sell when I started selling. Initially, like a lot of people, I was just selling stuff around the house. I decided selling was fun, so started buying to resell. I didn't know what to sell, so picked several things, listed them and watched what happened. Some of the things are still relisting now, others turned out to be hot items. So, of course I mostly concentrate on the hot items now. I probably went through 6 or 7 things before I found my niche.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Books, while not spectacular, seem to provide a steady return.

I price mine around third cheapest Australian seller, and that works for me. With the occasional gem to warm the cockles.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply