Store Selling Limits

fredsbricks
Community Member

Hi, I have just opened an ebay store and immediately run into a problem I did not realise - quite amazingly they have seller limits - specifically ten products or $2500 max per month.  My product is lego, and the sets are often $500 so this limit is not workable.  It is not repetitive selling of low value articles. A decent lego store would have hundreds of listings and may only sell 10% per month (at the high end).  How do ebay evaluate increases?  The rationale seems to be "learning to walk before I run" but I am not a novice, and my intended sales are about 10-20 per month.  Will ebay set sensible limits or am I just wasting my time?  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Store Selling Limits

Your sale funds may well  be on a 21 day hold too until you build up a bit of a sales record / feedback. One of the main reasons ebay restrict new sellers and hold funds is to stop scammers from opening stores, selling heaps and then disappearing with the money, but not delivering anything. You can understand it.

Stick with it, put up with the inconvenience for awhile and soon enough you will receive increased limits. I,m not sure what mine are at the moment, but my oldest store is unlimited and my two newer stores have ridiculous limits that i will never reach.

If you have sold on ebay before with another account id, you may be able to link them and get a raise in listing limits immediately.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Store Selling Limits

To eBay you ARE a novice, unless you have another established selling account.

Every newbie has the limits.

Do the numbers, maybe you are better to close the store for now and use the 40 free listings you get.

eBay won't lift limits until they see you have a good standing as a seller on their site. Adds to credibility.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply