Store in Holiday mode and Ebay gives late shipment report

Had my Store in Holiday mode & out of office email message engaged the week before Christmas (14-21 Dec). Usually I hide my listings to avoid any grief but for a number of reasons I wanted them to be visible and available. Personally contacted each buyer and apologised for the delay in shipping - everyone was OK with this. Flew from Sydney to Adelaide, drove 2 1/2 hours home and managed to get my 4 or 5 orders packaged and posted by 5pm on the 20th. All of my Australian buyers received their packages before Christmas.

EBay has given me a late shipment rating on transaction from the 18th because tracking indicates late delivery (apparently not because buyer says late delivery) - funny that the 16th transaction wasn't similarly penalized (not that I am asking!!!)

This is getting beyond funny - I work hard to provide the best service I can.

Trying to get the report removed is an ongoing experience - at the moment it just seems to be making it worse....

Just venting some frustration ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was away for a few days in Jan ans left my store iterms visible with a message about delivery not happening until the 10th however as a belt and braces option I increased my handling time to 10 days using bulk edit which took me well past the date of my return, even remembered to change them back to 5 days..............................a couple of days later LOL.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I also had one where the buyer asked me to delay posting the item for 1 week until they came back from holidays.

Noticed some months later I received my first defect for late shipment.

I figured I probably won't get anymore defects so couldn't be bothered to contact eBay as they would have been able to see the buyer's request.

BTW, do you make any of the jewellery yourself ? Impressive if you do.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yeahhh - I'm regretiing asking to get it removed, think I am better off not going into seller dashboard - I only end up taking it all very personally and get frustrated!!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I wish!!!! No, I am just one of the company's sellers ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I was away for a few days in Jan ans left my store iterms visible with a message about delivery not happening until the 10th however as a belt and braces option I increased my handling time to 10 days using bulk edit which took me well past the date of my return, even remembered to change them back to 5 days..............................a couple of days later LOL.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Ha ha - kudos for both the clever tactical thinking plus remembering to change ship time back!! Note to self: put reminder into phone calendar to change settings back after hols ๐Ÿ™‚ Love it - thanks, problem solved for next time โค๏ธ

Love, Light, Laughter & Gratitude

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Could someone please help me do this too!! I'm getting told I'm late to post my few sales,....but I'm actually away at the moment & want to change my handling time out to match the date I get home! BUT it doesn't give me the option to do this! It's like they've removed the handling time as a field in bulk editing area? Unless it's just not there cos my shop is already on holiday setting? Any ideas Ebay Brains Trust?? Please!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I don't know if it would be removed from options due to being in holiday mode, but these are the options I get when I go to bulk edit my listings, and handling time appears around two-thirds down in the left column.

bulk edit.PNG

Do you have Business Policies? Where you create profiles for shipping options / prices, payment methods and return policies, then just apply those to listings? If you do, editing the business policy that's connected to your listings will do it, if not, then I'm afraid I don't know. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanx for yr answer Digi! Just tried 1st going off holiday mode to see if Handling Option returned- but no it didnt !!! I dont have handling time in either normal or Holiday mode edit fields. So I'm like the original poster of this question. So I'll have to try the Business policies thing.... but I'll have to make up about 4 different policies cos I have different postage costs on different items. A nuisance when Im  on holidays! Would be so much better if Ebay bots could recognise the holiday mode & stop sending messages of late postings! Thanks again Digi... will be going the policies later when I've drunk my Pina Colada!!! Man Wink

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just set your store so they can't see or buy anything.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply