Pickup question

I have a potential buyer who also lives in the same city and is interested in knowing my location so she can decide if it's easier for her to pick up an item instead of me posting it. She has not made any purchase as yet.

I'm super paranoid about getting a suspension, so what info can I give her (obviously not my address at this point, but perhaps just my suburb?)

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Pickup question

postcode?
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

Ack, the way ebay is I don't want to suggest anything that might get you put in their naughty corner

My first thought was, to let her know the name of the fabric or pattern is  (your suburb name)

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

You clever little bear. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

It is becoming a mine field.  Messages are becoming code like with obvious & deliberate spelling errors, use of phonetics etc.

It is almost embarrasing trying to explain to new buyers  Y  U cant give a Str8  Ancer

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

It's mad!

However, I just realised I can update the Item Location section of the listing.

I can then refer her back to the listing to look under the postage tab to see the suburb.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

when she buys from you....send her the link to this thread, so she won't think you're nuts 🙂
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

@enigmabear wrote:

Ack, the way ebay is I don't want to suggest anything that might get you put in their naughty corner

My first thought was, to let her know the name of the fabric or pattern is  (your suburb name)

If the bots can pick up words that are split, (ie: who represented us) and stop it being sent, then i'd say the bots could pick up names of suburbs too, even if hidden in text as a fabric pattern.....

But I wonder..... would they pick up a suburb that was written and spelt backwards?   eg:  ogidneb  airotciv. (bendigo victoria)

No capitals, no punctuation etc.

Hi *buyer's name*

I hope you can understand that due to ebay policies, I am unable to provide you with my suburb, or any contact details, prior to your purchase.  

I do think its a little backwards, but it is what it is.
I hope you understand.  Smiley Wink 

i evil ni ogidneb airotciv raen idla no tsae teerst.  

orez ruof eno rouf, eno owt eerht, ruof evif xis.

I used to suggest spelling your numerals to disclose your phone number but I think the bots have now been modifed to pick up on that too. (not positive)

AND:  Isn't it bleeding ridiculous that this sort of deceptive measures have to be asked / thought about / requested / indicated / alluded too, all in order to communicate with a potential buyer!  **bleep**!  RIDICULOUS!!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

code.jpg

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

.-- .-. .. - . .. - .. -. -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply