Pickup question

I have a potential buyer who also lives in the same city and is interested in knowing my location so she can decide if it's easier for her to pick up an item instead of me posting it. She has not made any purchase as yet.

I'm super paranoid about getting a suspension, so what info can I give her (obviously not my address at this point, but perhaps just my suburb?)

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Pickup question

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Messages are becoming code like

V nz abj jevgvat nyy bs zl zrffntrf va EBG-13. Gurer jrer n srj grrguvat ceboyrzf, yvxr znxvat fher zl ohlref qvqa'g guvax V unq ybfg gur cybg, be fgnegrq "fcrnxvat" va gbathrf, ohg bapr lbh fraq gurz gur qrpbqre evat, vg jbexf yvxr n punez. *

* Abg npghnyyl qbvat guvf, ohg vg'f trggvat zber naq zber grzcgvat. Smiley LOL

Spoiler
Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

check out listing item: 281616873020

Read their blurb!! 

*Rick*  has listed every contactable measure to get in touch with him, available to man!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.......  why is it one set of rules for one, yet, another set of rules for the other???

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

@digital*ghost wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

V nz abj jevgvat nyy bs zl zrffntrf va EBG-13. Gurer jrer n srj grrguvat ceboyrzf, yvxr znxvat fher zl ohlref qvqa'g guvax V unq ybfg gur cybg, be fgnegrq "fcrnxvat" va gbathrf, ohg bapr lbh fraq gurz gur qrpbqre evat, vg jbexf yvxr n punez. *

Spoiler

Man LOL Man LOL

what a load of rot-13 !!!

Man LOL
Great idea though.  Can you send buyers a web link in a message I wonder?

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

@cushioncovers wrote:

It's mad!

However, I just realised I can update the Item Location section of the listing.

I can then refer her back to the listing to look under the postage tab to see the suburb.

Why wasn't this included in the first place?

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

@digital*ghost wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Spoiler

That's very clever. I wonder if ebay will allow sending the link though?

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

Eggles - my location was set to Perth, but I realised that you can narrow it down to include the suburb as well.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

This guy has it sorted.    Postage info

It's a warehouse.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

I used to supply off-eBay links in messages fairly frequently (usually to a buyer who was looking for something that I didn't have, couldn't source wholesale and no one else on ebay had either), but I wouldn't risk that now thanks to eBay's paranoia.

In most cases, I think the coded language approach would be impractical for the average inquiry, but if you've built a rapport with someone where you're able to explain without awkwardness that a message would need decoding, it could work ok.

A few times someone who has purchased from me before has sent a question where I didn't feel I could provide an answer safely on eBay, so I respond to those by advising they'll receive a notification shortly, and email directly. I still create listings on eBay, but I just want to be able to discuss particulars without losing the ability to communicate with people. It's really frustrating for everyone, because my responses are (self) censored to the point where they are confusing and aren't able to address the questions actually being asked. Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

Are we allowed to ask buyers for their phone number so that we can txt them?  

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Pickup question

@bottomoftheharbour wrote:

Are we allowed to ask buyers for their phone number so that we can txt them?

Nein!!! Any communication vich mentions der seller or der buyer phonen numberz, das housen adressen, is STRICTLY VERBOTTEN! You vill spend ze rest of ze veek in der "cooler".  All ze small animals in ze vorld vill be kilt, und you vill write on das blackenboard  " I am a seller, so Ebay sink I am ze scum of ze earth" 1 tousand times.  

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply